Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
fabritiodellaquare
My Device: curve 8520

clueless!

Hi Guys... 

I got a bb 8520 handset, it keeps freezing just after reboot. the scroll works but the buttons freezes, then after rebooting 20 times i can enter my password. it  also keeps typing by itself like if i type n it will type 6 or 7 mmm to follow. if i press y it follows a series of tttt. also it randomly keeps asking do i wanna assign a key? also ive set an back light time out for like after 1min i thk but if the light goes of i struggling to get it back on lik i have to keep in the mute button at times and other times i have to press the plus button(add volume) on the side of the handset and at other times its the camera button. ive tried to the clean wipe but it didnt help much. also it now also dont want to take the sd card as soon as i inserted it it says card not inserted properly, or no media card detected. it also doesnt gv me the option when i plug it into the computer it normally asked usb, charge etc it doesnt ask only shows the clock!

please any advise Guys?

it use to work perfect

thanks 

Developer
Teaboy1748
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900

Re: clueless!

Press the menu button to launch the following screen.

Select Options 

'

Navigate to Memory in the displayed list. This would then display the following Memory information as shown below.

Please Reply back with how much Application Free Space.

New Contributor
fabritiodellaquare

in the mean time before your response ive managed to get in tio the security wipe option. ive selected to wipe device clear. the screen displays the earising info warning do not pull out the bat until erasing is complete but its been doing this for the last 35mins just showing that msg and the little black time wheel turning, thanks for reply
New Contributor
fabritiodellaquare

hi teaboy, no joy as ive hardset it still the same, memory shows 105.3mb ( compression enanbled) media card support on mass storage mode support on auto enable mass storage mode when connected prompt application mem 105.3mb a media card not presently