Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
amoulter
My Device: Not Specified

constant hourglass, no email, and no internet

So i am having a problem with my Curve, and this is actually the 3rd phone i have had since i upgraded on verizon in late July. The first phone stopped working all together, the keypad died. The 2nd phone i just turned in this weekend, as i was having the same problem i am having now. With that phone, and the one i just got to replace it, i get an hourglass showing up every 3 to 5 seconds and i can no longer recieve email or access the internet. I spent 2+ hours on the phone with verizon the other day with my old phone, and i ended up just trading in the phone under warranty for this one that is now having the same problem. I am pretty fed up, and need some help with this.

i have no extra apps on the phone, i have nothing on the phone but a single picture. I have only had this phone for 4 days, and there is NOTHING on it. i read a few other threads, and i have tried almost everything. Battery Pull, turning off the connection then putting it back on. nothing works.

help me!

free: 42446532

file: 83623936

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,845
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: constant hourglass, no email, and no internet

Maybe a dumb question, but you do have a BlackBerry Data Plan on the account with your carrier?

Did you switch your PIN at the BIS site to send the email and account to this new device, after your handheld swap?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi and welcome to the forums,

I would find it hard to believe that 2 phones "coincidently" have the same problem. I would return to the vendor and ask to be shipped a phone from a different location or source. Sounds like there is a problem with the device software.

Just my opinion!

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
amoulter

yes, i have a data plan with verizon. as far as the PIN, what is the BIS site? i was getting email until this morning, on this new device. it WAS working, and then decided it wanted to die.

thanks for the help though.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi,

Here is the link to the Verizon BIS site;

https://bis.na.blackberry.com/html?brand=vzw

Thanks,

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
amoulter

my accounts are enabled it says, but im still not getting email. i reset them too, and still nothing.

i also have the arrows in the right corner going full blast almost all the time. I dont know what to try. battery pulls do nothing, and this phone is only 4 or 5 days old.

Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

does your signal show 1X or 1XEV, or something else? From the Verizon BIS site, can you try to resend the service books?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
amoulter

its showing 1xev and i sent the service books to my curve, but nothing happened.
Please use plain text.
Elite I
jmrmb80
My Device: 9800 - OS 6.0.0.246

OK, when it's in lowercase that means you're not getting a full data signal from Verizon. Are you in an area where you usually have good coverage?
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
If someone has been helpful please consider giving them kudos by clicking the star to the left of their post.
Remember to resolve your thread by clicking Accepted Solution.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
amoulter

Yeah, normally i have no problem with service up here. im in upstate new york half the year and boston the other half.
Please use plain text.