Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
top110s
My Device: curve 9320
Accepted Solution

content protection and sync button

I have been trying to download an ap to my phone for 3 days. Every time I try I get the message that my device has content protection and I should turn it off. Where do I find this and how do I turn it off, please?

It also tells me to click the sync now button, there is no such button visible on either the phone or the PC, where do I find it and how do I click on it, Please?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: content protection and sync button

Hi and Welcome to the Community1

top110s wrote:

I have been trying to download an ap to my phone for 3 days. Every time I try I get the message that my device has content protection and I should turn it off. Where do I find this and how do I turn it off, please?

Article ID: KB11963 How to change the setting for Content Protection on the BlackBerry smartphone

top110s wrote:

It also tells me to click the sync now button, there is no such button visible on either the phone or the PC, where do I find it and how do I click on it, Please

Please expand on "it"...as in "It also tells me..."...what, exactly, is "it"?

Thanks and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
top110s

Sorry, "it" is the download screen for the app. There is a message which says something like "to complete the download click on the sync now button" the only drawback being there is no button to be seen.

Thank you for the link to the article about the security. It is switched off on my phone so I will see what happens next time I try to download an app

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

top110s wrote:

Sorry, "it" is the download screen for the app. There is a message which says something like "to complete the download click on the sync now button" the only drawback being there is no button to be seen.

Further details please. Is this on your device or your PC? And what are the exact steps leading up to this message?

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
top110s

I go to the appworld at blackberry. on my pc I log in to start a session.

Then I get the message that I have protection enabled on my device (it is disabled)

Then I get a screen telling me that i need a newer version of blackberry world (every time, even after updating and going back round the loop to this point again) 

then I go to the applications page and click on download for the relevant app and it is the next screen, the download screen, on the pc which has the instruction to click on the sync now button.

There is no sync now button.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

OK thanks. I never had good luck with the PC/USB method of using BBWorld...many inconsistent and confusing results such as yours. I therefore recommend you instead use solely the on-device BBWorld, with your device not tethered to your PC via USB (but connected to WiFi so that you don't eat up carrier data charges).

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
top110s

Ah. OK thank you very much for your help.

Sadly whenever I try to connect to app world on my phone I always get the message there is insufficient coverage.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

OK, then please try this sequence (again, solely on your device, with WiFi coverage, and no tether to PC/USB).

1) Remove AppWorld from your BB

• KB10040 How to view or remove installed applications on a BlackBerry smartphone
  • If it requests that you reboot the BB, do so

2) Do a Batt-Pull reboot (power on, remove battery, wait, insert battery, wait), even if redundant to the one you did in step 1.

3) Install (on your BB) a fresh copy of AppWorld

4) Do another Batt-Pull reboot

5) See if it now works.

Cheers!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
top110s

It worked, thank you very much for all your help

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

You are very welcome...enjoy!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.