Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
speedy1zn
My Device: blackberry 9320
Accepted Solution

create a new blackberry i.d

hi

is it possible to create a new blackberry i.d on  a blackberry that already has a blackberry i.d set.

the blackberry i.d is blocked cos the pin was put in wrong and the recover email just doesnt seem to be working so i want to create a new blackberry i.d.

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: create a new blackberry i.d

Hello,

While it is possible to create a new BB ID and shift your BBs association over to the new BB ID, the "cost" is that you lose all of your prior AppWorld records, including purchased apps. There is no automated method to move that data to the new BB ID...it would require human intervention at RIM in order to migrate AW records to a new BB ID.

If all of that is fine, then here's what you do:

• KB26694 How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone

When you finish the WIPE, the BB should reboot...as it comes up, you should be prompted for BB ID...at which time you use the "create new" selection.

But...

speedy1zn wrote:

the recover email just doesnt seem to be working

I have seen reports of that recovery email taking up to 2 hours to come through (due I think to backlog related to the BBM 7 release). Also, you must have access to that email account from OTHER THAN your BB...webmail, PC/Outlook, something; for security reasons, the password reset email is not delivered to the BB, no matter what email account is used.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code