Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
kyle2000
My Device: blackberry curve 8310
Accepted Solution

curve 8310

i have just got this used phone for christmas and i cant get my personal email connected to it plus there is no wifi on it either. how do i set up my email?

thanks

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: curve 8310

Hi kyle2000

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

If it an used device then please follow the steps to be performed after buying a previously owned BlackBerry:

KB05099 Steps to take before selling or after buying a previously owned BlackBerry smartphone.

In simple a Security wipe is must , Secondly in order to set your personal email we need to have BlackBerry data Plan on our account from your Carrier Vodafone . It will allow you to add your personal account.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kyle2000

i bought blackberry internet services from my provider but i cant connected with other blackberry users on bbm or even find my browser. everything seems wiped clear on phone when i bought it.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi kyle2000

If you already have the BlackBerry Data Plan then when you go to setup your personal email did you recieve any error ? On Manage connection > Service Status > BlackBerry Internet Services = ? what is the status ? 

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kyle2000

staus is not connected.  when i was looking for browser it said it is not enabled.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi kyle2000

The Status indicate that your account is not provisioned with BlackBerry Data Plan ,So you have to call your Carrier Vodafone and reconfirm if that had activated that on your account.

In addition As it an used device so please refer to the Article I mentioned on my first post , to rule out any IT policy on that device your had to reset it to factory setting.

• KB30076  :  How to check for an IT Policy on a BlackBerry smartphone
  • KB14202 :   How to remove an IT policy from a BlackBerry Device

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kyle2000

i could not use the IT policy removal/checker, when i go in to security options it has nothing there what the directions says it should. so unsure about whether there is any IT policies on the phone.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi kyle2000

If under Options > Security Options > Informations , Under SERVICES if there is no Services or it is blank then your device is not associated with any IT policy, All you have to do is Call your Carrier Vodafone to make sure that BlackBerry Data Plan or BIS is properly configured on your account.When BIS is properly activated it will push those Service Book which will allow you to add your personal emails.

So please give a call to Vodafone. 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kyle2000

ok been trying to get through allday, waiting on them calling back, thanks for all your help.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi kyle2000

I hope your Carrier will soon resolve the issue so that you enjoy BlackBerry Services.Good luck :smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.