Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
eliozeno
My Device: curve 8320
My Carrier: cosmote

curve 8320 Greek language

Hello there ,
i want to ask
if somebody knows which firmware (os) must be placed on curve 8320 to support Greek language
(read and write)

Thanks in advance.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: curve 8320 Greek language

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Please see this KB for helpful information:

• KB05305Localization support for BlackBerry smartphones

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
eliozeno

Thanks for your reply

Sorry for confusion
bad English -wrong question

i'm looking for OS with Greek (display-menu) language

i have already try with last OS (all language support ) but i can not find Greek.

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Everything on the topic is in that KB...there is an extensive table within which says exactly what will and will not exist in each OS version. You need to find the one that correlates to your services (e.g., EDGE versus CDMA, etc.) to find out if what you desire even exists. But that KB is the authoritative source for information.

Of course, after you discover which package you need, you must install that specific package to your BB (and, if the package comes from a different carrier, use the trick of deleting the VENDOR.XML files) as well as be sure to install the specific language and components (there often are at least 2 sections to select, in the AppLoader screen) to your BB.

I cannot tell exactly where you are in any of that process, so it is difficult for me to provide specific advice to you. But, from the KB, you would need to be selecting either the "Multi Language" or "All Languages" packages, as well as checking in the table for what to expect from any particular version level/carrier capability intersection (in the table). I admit that the table is difficult to read...it formats poorly in the KB...but the information is there.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
eliozeno

Thanks