Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

My Device: 8520
My Carrier: o2

curve 8520 keypad not working

Hiya, had my blackberry for nearly two years now. About a year after I got condensation on it and it got repaired but they keypad wasnt the same...about a month ago the screen broke and I got it replaced and the keyboard fixed and it worked perfectly until yesterday. I was typing to a friend when it all of a sudden started typing 'nnnn' so i took the battery out and restarted it but then the screen wasn't working properlly. Took it back to the shop today and they said they could attempt to fix it for £15 but it was unlikely. Then went home and updated it all and the screen now works but whenever i press the keys or trackpad it wont let me do anything so i can't use it at all, any ideas?

Elite II
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: curve 8520 keypad not working

Hi AnnieJ1597

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

The worst enemy of any electronic devices is the Moisture or liquid and our BlackBerry Device is also one of them , Some user go for repairing there moisture damaged devices , but its just a short term solution and problem appears on a long run. The problem you are facing now is just a result of that , you can visit any repair shop and again invest some good money to repair that device but you can't guaranty that it will solve the issue completely . So if possible I prefer go for a new device or you can buy any used device .

It sounds bad but believe me its the best deal.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
My Device: Curve 8520
My Carrier: Blackberry

Re: curve 8520 keypad not working

Since yesterday, my bb keypad and other keys on the sides ( camera and volume keys) have stopped functioning. I thought it was due to some moisture due to rain outside. But i didn't found any moisture in my mobile after removing out the battery. I have switched off and on the mobile several times but no good. The trackpad / scroll is working fine but not the keypad. Please help. 

My mobile not in warranty as well.