Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
AquiLeon
My Device: Curve 8520
Accepted Solution

curve 8520 won't load and cannot go on safe mode. help!

hi. i own a blackberry curve 8520. with a version 5 OS. a couple of days back, my blackberry just stopped working. i tried to restart it with a hard reset (removing the battery for around 5 minutes or so) but the loading bar gets stuck at around two-thirds of the way. i read online that i should try to go on safe mode by pressing the escape/arrow-back button when i reset it, i tried to, but for some reason, it is not working. it is still stuck two-thirds of the way and not responding. someone advised me to connect it by cable to a laptop/pc. i did. but since it is not turned 'on' the laptop/pc wont recognize the device. i tried all of the above several times by now, but nothing seems to work. help!

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: curve 8520 won't load and cannot go on safe mode. help!

Hi Aquileon

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

As your device is not recognized or detecting , then you may try the application loader to force the detection to load the OS , but this method will delete all data within your device , If you have a backup or using BlackBerry Protect your restore your data back. For help refer to this Knowledge Base :

KB10144  : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

Please try it and let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
AquiLeon
My Device: Curve 8520

hi prince2012!

thanks for the welcome AND the prompt response. I'm sorry for replying just now.

After reading your suggestions, i decided to try them. but i first charged the phone again (though the battery was still charged at about 70%) because i was doing something else. after about 45 minutes, lo and behold, the phone turned on. and everything seemed fine and working. lolz.

i have no idea what happened. as a precaution i deleted my unused apps.

i'm still saving your instructions, just in case.

again, THANKS!  ^_^

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Hello AquiLeon

I am really happy to know that your device is working and you don't have to perform those harsh steps :smileyhappy: 

So enjoy your BlackBerry® and please always do your device backup at regular interval , just incase you may need . You can refer to this Article for help : How To Backup Your BlackBerry.

Take Care :smileyhappy:

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.