Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
danfree33
My Device: curve 8900

curve 8900 battery problem

i have a curve 8900 and had a problem with the battery, when i put it on charge i get the red light for about 30 sec and then it goes out and i get a battery with a red line on the screan. i have got a bran new blackberry battery but it is still doing the same thing HELP its driving me up the wall.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: curve 8900 battery problem

Hi danfree33

If its happening even after using a new battery then it might be a hardware or a Software issue , To rule out and software issue you can try reinstalling the OS , you can use application loader and try to load the OS back on your device , for help refer to this  knowledge base  :

KB10144  : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

If it fails then as a last resort try this :

KB27956 :  How to recover a BlackBerry smartphone from any state.

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
danfree33
My Device: curve 8900

thanks for that but tried both and non of them worked still comes up with the battery symble with a red cross 

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Hello danfree33

If above methods  were unable to recover your device then you have to visit your Service provider to any Mobile repair shop for further help.

Good luck.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.