Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
jaidenslot
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: tesco

curve 9300 continuously rebooting!

my daughters 7 month old 9300 curve suddenly started rebooting itself yesterday.  I have taken the battery out and even put mine in(have same phone) and also set it back to factory settings but it is still doing it.

Sometimes it will stay on for a few minutes but as soon as you start to use it it crashes and then reboots or it just restarts then security software verifies and then just switches off and reboots.

Would this be covered under the 12 month phone warranty or is it something that can be fixed? 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: curve 9300 continuously rebooting!

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

If you wish to proceed on your own, here are some articles that might be useful:

Concerning your warranty -- no one here can answer that. Your warranty is a contract between you and your warranty provider. While BlackBerry extends a 1-year manufacturer warranty, that can be modified by the reseller, and BlackBerry services no front-line issues of any kind, including warranty...you would need to check your actual documentation to discover your exact warranty terms and methods of use.There also might be some good reading here:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jaidenslot
My Device: curve 9300
My Carrier: tesco

thanks.

tried to re install os settings following the instructions but wouldn't pick it up for some reason but googled a bit more and came across the same problem on same network and advice was to turn 3g off (and touch wood) its now been on for 15 minutes so looks like that was the problem.

thanks all the same

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

You are welcome...all we can do is guess from the information provided, but no one can know everything! I'm just glad you got it fixed...and even happier that you came back here to share it with the rest of this community!

Cheers!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.