Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: curve 9300

curve 9300 - don't want facebook messages in inbox!

I've set up my email account on my curve 9300, which is running 6.0. On my last curve I could filter out all these messages but it only seems to give me the option to filter out text messages in the messages (email) folder. I'm getting facebook, bbm and email all in one folder which also means twice the notifications and alerts. Does anyone know how to get rid of this?
Forums Veteran I
My Device: Curve 8520 OS v5.0.0.681

Re: curve 9300 - don't want facebook messages in inbox!

rachael88 wrote:
I've set up my email account on my curve 9300, which is running 6.0. On my last curve I could filter out all these messages but it only seems to give me the option to filter out text messages in the messages (email) folder. I'm getting facebook, bbm and email all in one folder which also means twice the notifications and alerts. Does anyone know how to get rid of this?

Not actually sure what you have going on. You have individual folders for SMS, BBM and each email account successfully linked to your device.

You also have a summary folder which lists all messages, emails and missed calls etc. However they are all present in the respective folders. It effectively means you only need have the summary folder on the Home screen although thats down to personal choice. I have 8 email accounts linked to my BB, and apart from a few themes which permit more than 6 icons on the home screen, I would have to press menu everytime I got a message. The summary folder means I can see all messages and still have 5 other non-message icons.

Blackberry Best Advice - Back-up weekly

If I have helped you please check the "Kudos" star on the right >>>>