Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

doshaughnessy
My Device: 9300

curve 9300

Hi I've got a 9300 and put new 02 pay and go sim into it as its on 02 and it wont dial or ring. It does reg on network and pick up signal

any ideas?

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: curve 9300

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

If you bought that BB from O2, then go see them and make them fix everything.

If you bought it elsewhere and it was not originally made for O2, then you need to first unlock it from whatever carrier it was manufactured for:

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
doshaughnessy

it is on 02 but it wont dial out or recieve calls everything else worls
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Hmmm...not quite an answer to my question...perhaps I shall phrase it differently. Regardless of what carrier it is "on", where did you buy it? If you bought it from O2, go see them. If you bought it elsewhere, then the unlocking may be required.

I'd actually be quite surprised if everything else works just fine...normally, voice level services MUST be functioning before even trying to use any data services. But, I can't tell from your brief words exactly what is and is not working, so I'll just take you at them.

Good luck.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
doshaughnessy

i got it from 02 quite a while ago and it has worked previously i've not used it for months then i chraged it and put a new 02 sim into it and now when i go to make a call it comes up "no service currently avaiable" even though i have full service

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

OK, so now for the third time...ring up O2 and find out why. No one here has any access to "behind the scenes" systems to check why O2 and your BB cannot work with each other correctly...only O2 has access to that.

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.