Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
abb1968
My Device: curve 9320
Accepted Solution

curve 9320 email notifications delays causing problems

hi, have had curve 9320 for a while and up until this week email notifications were almost instantaneous , but now there is a delay from couple of minutes up to several minutes. i have hotmail account and have tested self email from phone , reinstalled email account and been through host routing table and register but still email doesn't push causing major headache.

please help

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

Re: curve 9320 email notifications delays causing problems

You can thank Microsoft:

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB35412
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
abb1968
My Device: curve 9320

thanks for reply any suggestion of how to get round problem and back to near real time delivery ? ie can i link a non-Microsoft email ... gmail etc and if so how ? or will i have to resort to changing email address to gmail etc and thus creating a bigger problem.

please help turn back time to the good old days of email delivery !

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.0.1154; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

There is no way to turn back the clock. Microsoft started this process a week or two ago. The only way to get instant email is to switch to a BB10 device (Z10, Z30, Q10, or Q5) and setup your Hotmail using Exchange Active Sync. Otherwise you'll need to go to Gmail or Yahoo!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.