Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
didi1204
My Device: Not Specified

curve not recognized by computer

hello, i baught a blackberry curve on ebay (big mistake!) it functions as phone, but is not recognized by computer. when i plug it in via USB it connects for a second and then stops, i.e. synchronization is not possible.

i reset the device, reinstalled the DM software, spent hours trying to solve this issue nothing works - any help?

btw, under 'manage connecetions', USB does not appear at all.

thank you so much for any input

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Re: curve not recognized by computer

prior to doing anything, you need to install the USB drivers.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/rim/board/message?board.id=BlackBerryDesktopSoftware&thread.id=3...

after you have checked everything is okay, you can do the next step, that is install the Desktop Manager.

Moreover, ou can wipe your device so that there is no remains from the previous owner.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
didi1204

thanks so much for your fast reaction. i will redownload the usbdrivers, but the blackberry is not recognized by any computer. does wiping previous user's data mean reset the device? (i did that)

Forums Advisor III
lorriem1222
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

Have you tried charging the phone ruling out the port on the phone as a possible culprit? Also have you tried a different USB cable?
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
New Contributor
didi1204

yes, i tried both...
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

didi1204 wrote:
does wiping previous user's data mean reset the device? (i did that)

Idon't know what you mean by "reset". a Blackberry wipe is activated by you manually, it's called "Wipe device" or something like that.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: