Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
scottmel0407
My Carrier: 441206512631

curve stuck on start up page 3/4 of the way through

hi have woken up to find that after charging as normal went to try and turn on the phone the blackberry logo comes on with the loading line but it gets stuck 3/4 of the way through.I have tried changing battery also leaving out for 24hrs nothing seems to be working any help please 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: curve stuck on start up page 3/4 of the way through

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

I recommend that you attempt to boot into Safe Mode:

• KB17877 How to start a BlackBerry smartphone in Safe Mode

It may take you multiple attempts to get the ESC key sequence (press/release/hold) correct, so be patient. When successfully into Safe Mode, think carefully...what happened just before this behavior started? A new app? An update? A Theme? Something else? Think carefully as the smallest change could be causal...and attempt to undo whatever that was.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
scottmel0407

tried to start in safe mode but didnt  work unfortunately but thanks for trying 

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

With allowing it to boot normal, how long are you waiting? Sometimes, it can take a lot longer than normal...

Otherwise, you might be looking at some more drastic recovery steps to try...starting with:

Please try this sequence...note that, throughout the entire 4h15m process, your BB must remain connected to a known-good wall charger (not PC USB):

1. With the battery inside, connect your BB to the wall charger
  2. Leave it alone for 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does
  3. Remove the battery
  4. Wait 15 minutes
  5. Insert the battery
  6. Wait another 2 hours, no matter what the LED or the display does

This has been known to "kick start" some BBs.

It is also possible that your battery or BB has experienced a problem...to test, this sequence is needed:

1. Obtain a known good and already fully charged additional battery...use it in your BB and see what happens
  2. Obtain access to a known good and identical BB...use your battery in it and see what happens

The results of this will indicate if it's your BB or your battery that has the problem.

Good luck and let us know!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
scottmel0407

I have tried a fully charged working battery but no joy ,I will however try the wall charger method thanks will let you know if successful

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
scottmel0407

Hi i have tried the 4hr 15 and it still doesnt load past the e in blackberry ,and i in answer i have left it for hours and it doesnt go any further ,any other ideas ill gladly try

thanks

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

OK...so I assume that "left it for hours" means more than one hour, so that indeed is long enough to be pretty sure it won't complete.

Then your next remedies are even more drastic:

Hopefully you already have a good backup, as it's becoming less and less likely that you'll be able to now take one before things are wiped out. Further, you may have to mix into these processes using the Desktop Software, customized with your BB OS package, rather than the "automatic" methods of the Update website or the Desktop Software without the OS package added.

Good luck!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.