Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Visitor
FourPart
My Device: Curve 8900

data on prepaid SIM???

[ Edited ]

I got my Curve 8900 from eBay a few days ago, and quite frankly am disgusted with it.

Not only is it highly complex to use, but I also find that in order to use basic functions, such as sending & receiving MMS & eMails through my Vodafone PAYG account, I am expected to pay an additional £5 / month, which goes to Blackberry.  The reason I use PAYG in the first place is that I don't even USE £5 / month in texts & calls.  Usually a top up of £15 - £20 every 6 - 8 months is more than enough for me.  Now I am expected to pay a premium for what I had on my old Samsung for free.

When I purchase a mobile phone, it's the PHONE I expect to pay for.  PAYG bandwidth costs should only be a matter between Vodafone & I, and not leasing the functions that are part of the phone.

I am now planning on replacing this pile of junk for something more basic that doesn't try to muscle in for services it has no rights to.  Never again will I trust BlackBerry & will advise all my friends the same.

JSanders
Solutions: 6,027
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Tell us your story

FourPart wrote:

I got my Curve 8900 from eBay a few days ago, and quite frankly am disgusted with it.

Not only is it highly complex to use, but I also find that in order to use basic functions, such as sending & receiving MMS & eMails through my Vodafone PAYG account, I am expected to pay an additional £5 / month, which goes to Blackberry.  The reason I use PAYG in the first place is that I don't even USE £5 / month in texts & calls.  Usually a top up of £15 - £20 every 6 - 8 months is more than enough for me.  Now I am expected to pay a premium for what I had on my old Samsung for free.

When I purchase a mobile phone, it's the PHONE I expect to pay for.  PAYG bandwidth costs should only be a matter between Vodafone & I, and not leasing the functions that are part of the phone.

I am now planning on replacing this pile of junk for something more basic that doesn't try to muscle in for services it has no rights to.  Never again will I trust BlackBerry & will advise all my friends the same.

Sorry that you're not understanding the need for BlackBerry data services.

Without data, you're paying for phone and SMS through your prepaid SIM card, but because BlackBerry devices REQUIRE data, you've chosed the wrong "phone" for your needs. Sorta like buying a log truck to commute to school... you didn't buy the device you needed.

Good luck.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code