Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Orange

delete e-mail account

Hi,

I want to delete an e-mail account-any idea how I do this?

Thanks.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: delete e-mail account

Hello Mikey58,

You can delete an email account from your BlackBerry smartphone by opening the email setup application, logging in, highlighting your account in the list, pressing the menu key and selecting delete from the menu.

Let us know if you have any further questions regarding this process.

-FB

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: Orange

Re: delete e-mail account

Hi,

Thanks for that.

However,it's not as simple as that as the problem I have is that the phone is my work phone and due to a work e-mail server problem,when that was sorted I went on to my e-mails on my Blackberry-but it asked me for the Blackberry ID. I can't remember that nor the passwrod question-well not that the phome recognises. I wiped the phone but that didn't work as when I restored that data unsurprisingly I was asked for the ID again. So I wondered about deleting the e-mail and seeing if I could start again-but it'll be the same problem as the e-mail address exists. I don't want to change the e-mail address,but I can't seea way around this-all I want is a password code sending to my pc-but not remembering the question the system won't let me do that-any ideas?

Thanks.