Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
2008corvette
My Device: 8530 Curve
My Carrier: metro pcs

deleting corrupted email

I have an email that I think got corrupted and I am unable to delete it. I have tried all the reboot methods. I cannot remember it but there was a keystroke comination that will allow the deletion.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: deleting corrupted email

Hello 2008covette

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Community Forums

If we hit the delete key it can delete individual message.If a prompt comes up asking to "delete", "delete on handheld", and  "delete on mailbox and handheld", you can choose the one you desire .

Or press the Delete key if any prompt comes up  if we hit  "d " it wil delete, If we hit  " h " it will  delete on handheld, and if we hit  " m " it will delete on mailbox and handheld. 

I hope it will help.

Prince

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
2008corvette
My Device: 8530 Curve
My Carrier: metro pcs

Thanks for the response but all the normal delete methods have not worked. I hit delete but it remains. I can move it fwd it, etc but I can't delete it. I think it got corrupted somehow and that is preventing the deletion. Once before I had seen post about a 2 or 3 key combination that accomplished the delete of a corrupted file but I can't remember the combo. Its refusal to delete is unusual to say the least.
Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hello 2008corvette

So it not deleted when you try those normal method. On your HomeScreen Open your Message Box Press the Menu Key > Email Reconciliation > On Folder Management  options Set ON Conficts = Handhelds Wins .See if you are able to delete.You can reverse the setting after deleting.

Prince

Please use plain text.
Contributor
Vakil
My Device: Torch 2010
My Carrier: Vodafone

if you are unable to delete ur corrupted mail ,lastly you can try restore factory setting in setting menu ,hope it will work nicely....

Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,906
My Device: Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Vakil wrote:

if you are unable to delete ur corrupted mail ,lastly you can try restore factory setting in setting menu ,hope it will work nicely....

lastly, only as a last resort.

Before that, I'd also check your SAVED emails messages to make sure it has been deleted from there.

Messages > press the Menu key > Saved. Is it there?

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.