Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
ilsb2m
My Device: Not Specified

desktop manager issues!

hi i just installed the desktop manager today because i wanted to use the media section of it.

but when i click on media manager, when it comes up, it says there is no device connected.

am i doing something wrong?

also, my bluetooth doesnt seem to work. it will connect with a device but nothing can be transfered. am i doing somethign wrong again? thanks 

Please use plain text.
Elite II
tanzim
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: desktop manager issues!

Which version of desktop manager you're using? And what is your handheld OS version?

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ilsb2m

[ Edited ]

the desktop manager is 4.3 i think. and i also downloaded 4.5 and tried and and the media manager didnt work there either. and the os for the handheld is....well the phone is brand new, its an AT&T 8310, and i havent loaded anything so its the os it came with

it also asks for my device password every five seconds. but wont connect ever 

Message Edited by ilsb2m on 07-31-2008 03:26 PM
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
ilsb2m

any ideas or suggests?
Please use plain text.
plummer01

I have a similar problem.  Have load v4.3 from disc that came with Curve from AT&T.  Updated to v4.5.  Can synch with MS Outlook calendar and contacts so I know USB cord ok.  Have tried 3 different USB outlet n computer.  Running XP Pro on HP Media Center.  Media Manager does not recognize BB Curve.  Installed 2G SD card. Selecting Mass Media "Yes" cause  BB to be recognized outside Media Manager. Need help to get recognition within Media Mgr.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

[ Edited ]

Hi and welcome to the forums!

If you search the forums (search box on top left of screen) there are many reported problems with the Roxio media manager in the Desktop software. As you are able to sync with backup and sync programs in the desktop software, I would say that your USB cable is good. I would still recommend downloading the BB USB drivers located here.  Download

If you cannot use the Roxio media  part of the Desktop software, you can simply drag and drop your pictures, music, etc., with windows file manager. Your BB media card will appear as a removable drive.

For solely music, BB now has Media Sync it has many advantages especially with Itunes. You can see a demo and download it here: http://na.blackberry.com/eng/devices/features/media/mediasync.jsp. It is free.

While this doesn't fix your issue with Roxio in Desktop software, it does provide some work arounds.

I hope this helps, if you need any other information please ask.

Message Edited by Bifocals on 08-10-2008 11:01 PM
Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.