Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
morne123
My Device: Curve 9320
My Carrier: OS 7.0.1

device switch 9300 to 9320

I have tried to restore my bbm from my previous phone and the data saved to my email and blackberry ID when I restore my bbm from my email it restores it with my old phones new owner's bbm, she made her own blackberry ID. Which also saved to her email and my phone still restores to her bbm which is linked with her ID. How is this possible and how do I fix it?
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
rosebags
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: 0

Re: device switch 9300 to 9320

Take your old phone and attach to PC and take a back up file. disconnect
take the new phone, attach it to the PC and open BB desktop manager
wipe all data from the phone
then reload the backed up file from your old phone and you will be asked to log in to your BBID. use YOUR id and then you should bet back all your BBM contacts and will be your profile on BBM
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
morne123

That is what I have done. First it did not want to work, then I restored from a file on my phone and it worked but was outdated, I was fine with that because I still had most of my contacts, then this morning I updated blackberry world and then bbm had to recover again from my email but when it does that I end up with the other persons bbm. I am thinking of just wiping my new phone and try to get my contacts te re add me on the new pin ; the old fashion way. How do I wipe my phone without a computer and reset my ID? So that it does not try to restore my bmm automatically from my email, otherwise the same thing will happen.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
morne123

BBM sorry
Please use plain text.
Trusted Contributor
rosebags
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: 0

if you want to wipe it completely then go to options, security and wipe from there. will take a few minutes to do... like 20-30 mins
it will then be pretty much back to factory new again.
if you have blackberry protect, you can do a backup of contacts (nothing else) and when you have wiped the phone, install protect again and reload .... that would work too !!
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
morne123

Okay thank you so much
Please use plain text.