Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: 9360
My Carrier: virgin mobile

disabled gmail clendar sync but still bday notifications appear after adding new contact

i've been able to get rid of the notifications by opening the calendar app nd going into options and typing wipe, after stopping it syncing, i've had no problem with fb since, but with gmail, i like to add the birthdays to my contact list, and even though i've unchecked the box for syncing the calendar, bdays still show up when i add a new contact. the perfect solution would be 1 where i could disable bday notifications as i use gmail calendar a lot on both my pc and phone, or if i could just delete the notification. does anyone know if there are plans to enable us to have more options in the notification screen, or a viable alternnative to completly wiping my calendars please. any help would be greatfully appreciated :smileyhappy:

Forums Advisor III
My Device: 9780
My Carrier: Bharti-Airtel

Re: disabled gmail clendar sync but still bday notifications appear after adding new contact

Hello 10gazw,

Welcome to the community!

If you would like to disbale calendar notification, please follow belwo steps

1.) Click on Menu (Blackberry Sign) from Home Screen & click on maximise panel.

2.) Select Calendar Icon.

3.) Again Press Menu (BB Sign).

4.) Select Option.

5.) Click on Calendar Display & Action.

6.) There you may change the Option under Action...

Hope this will help you..

Good luck