Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Reggiedoodle
My Device: curve 8900
My Carrier: Tmobile
Accepted Solution

dissapearing eMails

My emails keep dissapearing as soon as I have read them but all my settings are ok
C.Hickson
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: dissapearing eMails

[ Edited ]

Hello,

With such a short description, there is quite a lot of possible guesses to make. My first one is that you have another email client (e.g., Outlook) running somewhere that is configured for POP, and it's further configured to remove messages from the server when it downloads them. Further, the particular email service is capable of reconciling items deleted on the server back to the BB. If all of that is the case, then it completely explains the behavior you report.

Otherwise, please provide additional details so that we may have a chance to help. As in, what are the settings you are talking about? How much FileFee does your BB have? Has this always been this way, or is it new behavior? Etc. etc. etc.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Reggiedoodle

Hi ,i think you are right as i only have this problem when i switch on
the computer they just dissapear but have been on the bb all day
this started when sky decided to switch to Sky Yhoo server from there own server my iphone and ipad are working OK this has got me
stumpt i had a idea it could be something to do with the mail i have
had this phone for four years and never had any problems with it
i only keep it as a back up also reluctant to part with it hope you
can give me some advice as i was thinking of doing a factory re-set
Kind regards
Christine.
C.Hickson
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

If what we suspect is true (that some computer-based email client is removing items from the server), then your choices are:

1. Defeat that capability on the computer -- if you are using Outlook, there is a setting where you can tell it what to do when it retrieves email from the server. Typically, the choices are to remove from the server, leave forever on the server, or leave on the server until the item is deleted in Outlook.
    • KB12283 How to leave or remove copies of email messages on the messaging server
  2. Defeat the capability on the device to reconcile Deleted Items with the server:
    • Go into the Email Configuration Wizard on the device, and edit the account settings...there should be a tic box for reconciliation of Deleted Items...un-tic that.

A factory reset will not help...the configuration is stored on the BIS servers, and will return to the device afterwards. Rather, choice 2 above would be the way to adjust it on the device (if that's your chosen method).

Good luck!

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Reggiedoodle

Hello there,
Thank you for all the advice I am suspecting
that this is the problem I will have to let my son deal with this one as I won't know what I should be doing being a senior citizen I have got left behind somewat
I will let you know how we get on
Regards
Chris.
C.Hickson
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
Reggiedoodle

Hello there,

My son has today sorted the problem out so easily by following your instructions in outlook he has ticked

leave on untill deleted for him a two second job i dont know how i would cope left to my own devices.

We tried doing the second option on the BB but to no avail, so i am no longer having disapearing emails

Thank you so much for your info.

Kindest regards

Christine.

C.Hickson
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

You are most welcome...enjoy!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Please use plain text.