Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Simitha
My Device: BlackBerry 9360
Accepted Solution

duplicate bbm pin

Hello, my name is Simi. I recently upgraded by blackberry to a 9360 bt I got a problem since 3 days now. There is someone else who has the same bbm pin as me and everytime this person is changing my profile picture and profile name. Please help me to sort out this problem a.s.a.p.

Thank you
Simi
Developer
Teaboy1748
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900

Re: duplicate bbm pin

Each BB is assigned, at the factory, a unique PIN in the world. So, no, you cannot have two BBs with the same PIN.

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/General-BlackBerry-Functions-and/Same-BBM-PIN-on-multiple-dev...
New Contributor
Simitha
My Device: BlackBerry 9360

Bt that's what's happened to mine, somebody by the name of Zinhle Madube is using the same bbm pin as me and its becoming very frustrating cos everytime I chAnge my profile picture she changes it to her foto and she changes my profile name to hers.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Actually, I suspect that you are using the same BB ID rather than the same PIN. When the same BB ID is used on multiple devices, results exactly as you describe can happen.

If you know this other person, you can chat with them and decide which of you is going to go through the painful process needed to correct this situation:

• KB26694 How to change the BlackBerry ID on a BlackBerry PlayBook tablet or BlackBerry smartphone

Whoever is going to do it will have to do a complete device WIPE. To prepare, backups are necessary...see the link in my auto sig on this post for instructions...you will need it all. You also may need a manual list of all of your BBM contacts...if you are on BBM7, there is no way to back those up for restore after you are done as they are attached to your BBID, not your BB. If you are on pre-BBM7, then you can back them up and restore them. Otherwise, it'll be a manual re-entry process.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
christobs
My Device: monza

[ Edited ]

This case is happening to me also. But the other "me" were asking for money to all conntacts I have & successfully fooled some of them to send some money.

I've reported it to a local police station & the bank that been used to received transfer but no action can be done since its way beyond their capacity.
Please help to stop it, as I've been living in hell since it was started 3days ago.
Fyi, this fake me was able to copy my pictures, status n communicate to all contacts.

I can prove it if u need it..

Fake me is using: pin **removed**. User name Christian

Note: I will report it to cybercrime investigation unit in Jakarta police headquarter if this teror still going on Monday
Christian tobing.

Edit: [  Pin ] removed. At no time should you provide any personal information to any other community member. Please review the Community Guidelines and Terms and Conditions of Use. for further information