Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
vanillaorchida
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

eMail account not completely deleted

I used the Setup Wizard to add all of my email accounts. Then I decided to delete one email account...also using Setup Wizard/email.

When my contacts list became corrupted the solution required turning off wireless sync for each email account. I opened my Contacts, selected Options, THERE WAS THE EMAIL ACCOUNT I DELETED!

To make matters worse, as it was deleted, when I clicked on it to turn off wireless sync it says NOT Available.

So I reinstalled that email account...still could not turn off the wireless sync.

So I went online for that email account and deleted all it's contacts so that it couldn't re-add them since I couldn't turn off the wireless sync.

How do I COMPLETELY delete email accounts so that they don't hose up my now pristine Contacts list?

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: eMail account not completely deleted

vanillaorchida wrote:

How do I COMPLETELY delete email accounts so that they don't hose up my now pristine Contacts list?

Hi vanillaorchida

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

If you want to delete your email account from your device then On your Homescreen Go to Setup > Email Setting  > Delete the email account from there .

Refer to this Knowledge base On how to Enable or Disable Wireless Contact synchronization :

KB22430 : How to enable or disable wireless contact synchronization with BlackBerry Internet Service

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vanillaorchida

Thank you, yes, that is exactly how I deleted the email account from my BB.

However, when I go to turn  off wireless sync...it still lists the deleted account and as it is deleted, turning off wireless sync is NOT available.

There is a bug in the Setup email programming that doesn't delete the email account from the contacts list/wireless sync email accounts list. Which allows the deleted email account to continually wirelessly sync and duplicate the contact list repeatedly until the contacts reaches it's full limits then you can't add/edit/delete anything from contacts.

There also is no way to delete Windows Live Messenger (whose update screwed up everything in fhe first place!)

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi vanillaochida

Is it a personal device or a company phone ? 

Regarding Window Live Messenger are you unable to delete it from > Options > Applications > are you unable to delete it from that list .

KB10040 :  How to view or remove installed application on a blackberry smartphone

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vanillaorchida

Thank you!

This is a personal BB.

I had to look at the Third party/Core/Add-on then I also looked at the modules...I could not find Windows Live Messenger.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi vinillaorchida

If Window live messenger is not listed there then , then I think its already deleted from your device ,Can you confirm that ?

Regarding your unable to truning off Wireless sync , On your device click Options > Advanced Options > Service Book.Scroll down to Locate the service book associated with the affected email account . (for example, <account name> [SYNC] highlight that Press the menu key Delete it .It will stop synchronization. Then reboot your device .

If that does not help then first do a backup then perform a Clean OS reload , for that refer to this Knowledge Base :

KB11320 : How to perform a clean reload of the BlackBerry Device software using BlackBerry desktop software for windows

Please use plain text.