Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
jude29
My Device: blackberry curve 9320
My Carrier: t-mobile

email account

I can't setup my personal email account, all I get is the enterprise activation mode. This is my personal phone and not supplied by an employer and therfore the enterprise activation mode is not applicable for me. Please advise how I can setup my personal email, I use this function more than calls and txts. I'm beginning to wish I hadn't upgraded, setting up emails was so simple on my old blackberry curve.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Re: email account

Use the search icon on the home page and search for "email setup." You should find the email setup application. Open that and set up your email there.

If you have just upgraded from one BB to another it should ask if you want to move your accounts from the old device.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

Are you using the same SIM card in your new phone that you were in your old curve? 

Try the below steps, both should result in a message in your universal inbox stating your handset has been registered on the network:

• Do a battery pull - remove the battery, wait 30 seconds and put the battery back in. 
  • Go to Options - Advanced - Host Routing Table - press the menu key and select Register Now. 
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jude29

Hi Everyone, thanks for your replies.

It would appear that some of the blackberry phones are programmed for corporate use only and not for personal use. the phone I received from the T-mobile/EE shop was one of these. Apparently, it is known to staff, but it appears that they do not bother to check the phones before the customer leaves the shop. Other customers please be aware of this and insist the phone is checked before leaving the shop or it will take a lengthly phone call to blackberry to re-programme the phone.

Jude

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
jamead1981
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE (Orange)

Jude, the provision between personal and corporate setup is provisioned by the data plan on the phone - there may be a residual IT Policy on the phone but you generally only find this on second hand phones and will prevent changes such as removing the password requirement or preventing the camera working. 

Have you resolved your problem? 

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
jude29

Hi,

This was a brand new phone and unused phone, plastic strips to protect screen inplace. When I went back to the shop, the staff were aware of this and said it might be due to Orange now being incorporated within T-mobile/EE and that they might be surplus Orange corporate stock. The problem is now sorted thanks, but was a stressful episode due to the poor customer service skills of the staff in the shop I visited. When I insisted they ring Blackberry on my behalf it was obvious they didn't want to and it seemed like I was a major inconvenience for them.

Thanks for your help

Please use plain text.
Guru I
John_Clark
My Device: BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.2.1.3247; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: at&t

Jamead1981 is correct. If the email setup is not there it is due to incorrect data plan provisioning on the part of the carrier. Unfortunately, carrier rep ignorance is often mistaken for faulty RIM devices. Sad but true.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Please use plain text.