Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
mmckenzie

email issue

My emails are coming in to my "message" file not the email file and so when I try to reply I can only save and not send.
Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: email issue

Hi there!

It sounds like some service books and such are corrupt...try this:

1) Register HRT

• Homescreen > Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Table > BBKey (it does not matter which line is current) > Register Now

2) Resend Service Books

• KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service

Hope that helps. Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mmckenzie

That didn't seem to work.  I went to the host routing table and, by the way, everything there said "cingular" even though I have AT&T.  Don't know if that matters.  I resent the service books from the AT&T wab site and did a hard reset adn still can't reply to an email.  Thanks.
Please use plain text.
JSanders
Solutions: 5,748
My Carrier: Verizon

Cingular = ATT, don't fret over that.

Have you done a device upgrade or OS reinstall lately? Sometimes, that will cause this issue.

Go to your Options > Advanced > Service Books and delete ALL entries containing an email address.

Then, With the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery a few seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot.

Now, go back to the ATT BIS login site and resend your service books.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.