Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
slartibartfasty
My Device: curve 8520

email problem with blackberry

hi, over the weekend my blackberry curve seems to have shut  itself  down (possible the battery died)and when i restarted it all my emails had dissapeared apart from my registration email (dec 2009). it is also showing the following fault "uncaught exception index 9>=9". also some of the icons had changed position. i have checked with my service provider and there is no fault with my email account. somebodys help on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Forums Veteran I
stevels400
My Device: Curve 8520 OS v5.0.0.681

Re: email problem with blackberry

Hi

Its generally a sign that an app is interfering with the OS. have you recently downloaded anything or had an update?

Blackberry Best Advice - Back-up weekly

If I have helped you please check the "Kudos" star on the right >>>>
New Contributor
slartibartfasty

thanks for coming back, to answer your question i havnt downloaded any apps recently, its my work fone so i very much just use it for email and calls. is there any way of checking if an app is interferering with the os?

New Contributor
slartibartfasty

my blackberry wont receive any new emails, i didnt make that clear in my first post (sorry) id dont mind that the previous emails are gone its just that i need to be able to get new emails to my fone.  thanks

Forums Veteran I
stevels400
My Device: Curve 8520 OS v5.0.0.681

On your BlackBerry device, go to:

1. Options > Advanced > Host Routing Table > Menu > Register.

2. Resend your service books from your carrier BIS site:
From your handheld device:   http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB15402

Go to the Personal Email Set Up icon and log in. Then under Help!, select Service Books, then select Send service Books.

From your desktop PC:   http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB02830
North American Carriers - scroll down to select your carrier
WorldWide Carriers - Find your carrier on the list

3. With the BlackBerry device powered ON, remove the battery a few seconds and then reinsert the battery to reboot. This reboot, even if you have already done this, is often needed to install the service books.

Blackberry Best Advice - Back-up weekly

If I have helped you please check the "Kudos" star on the right >>>>