Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
tonijaimez
My Device: Curve 9300
Accepted Solution

email problems

Hi, everyone

I've got a problem with my BB. I can't configure a personal email account through the device. When I click on the e-mail accounts icon, the device does nothing, so I can't go further to finish the setting.

Besides, I sent twice the device to BB through my provider, but both they returned it saying that it is out of guarantee.

How can this be possible, having bought it on july last year?

The problem appears from day one, but in the beggining I achieved to configure a personal email account through BB's website, so I forget the issue.

But now it's not working one way or another, and I can't see why it is, beyond a software problem that I can't fix.

Could anyone give me some help, please?

Thank you very much

*Excuse my english, please :Whistling:

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.2.1531), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Re: email problems

Hi and Welcome to the Community!!

I suggest the following steps, in order, even if they seem redundant to what you have already tried (steps 1 and 2 each should result in a message coming to your BB...please wait for that before proceeding to the next step):

1) Register HRT

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network

2) Delete and Resend Service Books

• KB05000Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service

3) Batt Pull Reboot

• Anytime random strange behavior or sluggishness creeps in, the first thing to do is a battery pop reboot. With power ON, remove the back cover and pull out the battery. Wait about a minute then replace the battery and cover. Power up and wait patiently through the long reboot -- ~5 minutes. See if things have returned to good operation. Like all computing devices, BB's suffer from memory leaks and such...with a hard reboot being the best cure.

Hopefully that will get things going again for you! If not, then you will need to talk further with your service provider...they control all of your services as well as all of your support.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
tonijaimez

Thank you for the piece of advise!

Unfortunately, it didn't work. The device just stubbornly keeps getting me out of the Internet Mail Account page, so I'm not able to go further. I can't understand it. It MUST be some software trouble. That's why I can't understand why Blackberry keeps telling me that the device is out of warranty. Oh, boy...

Anyway, thanks again for your help!

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

I'm sorry, but with the quantity of steps I gave you to attempt, I cannot tell where in that set of steps you are not succeeding. Please remember that I cannot see what you see...I have only your words to guide me, and I prefer to never guess.

I can't tell you anything about warranty...that is totally between you, your service provider, and RIM. You should probably review your original paperwork to see what level of warranty service you originally agreed to.

You also could try to go, with your BB browser, to this page:
www.blackberry.com/integrate

Maybe that will work.

If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
tonijaimez

Well, actually, I did register HRT, I did delete and resende service books and I did reboot the device. But unfortunately, the problem sitll goes on. As I said, when I try to select the Internet email account option, it simply doesn't work. It doesn't go over the next step, and often, the device frezzes up. And that has been like that from day one.

Well, as I said, thank you very much for your help. 

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

Sorry for the delay...I've been away on extended holiday.

I need more details about what happened with each step, please. For instance, you say that you "did register HRT"...but, does that mean you made the proper menu selection? And then it presented a "Registration Message Sent" pop-up? And then you received, to your main Messages app, an "Activation" message?

You see, there are specific results of each step that must be successful in order for any further attempts to be of any use. So, I need to know exactly what happened with each and every step (and sub-step) that I recommended in order to help tell what might be going on.

Thanks!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor
tonijaimez

Hi sdgardne

I don't know. I did the steps you suggested, but that was some days ago, and now I don't remember.

The thing is that, as I said, since day one I can't get access to the email account setting page. As a matter of fact, my wife has a Curve 9300 too, and in her case, the moment we put out the device from the box, we could configure her personal mail account.

It was like that: Settings > email accounts > personal email accounts > and the place to put the information in

In my case, sometimes I can get since step three, sometimes only since step two, but never since step four. It's freeking me out!

On the other hand, I asked for the issue both in RIM and in my Internet provider. Completely unseful. They blamed each other,  but nobody was able to tell me what's happening.

Again, thank you for your time, but I'm begining to get hopeless... :smileysad:

Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

tonijaimez wrote:

Hi sdgardne

I don't know. I did the steps you suggested, but that was some days ago, and now I don't remember.

Then please do them again...if all is well, they are "no harm/no foul".

tonijaimez wrote:

The thing is that, as I said, since day one I can't get access to the email account setting page. As a matter of fact, my wife has a Curve 9300 too, and in her case, the moment we put out the device from the box, we could configure her personal mail account. 

Different devices, different results, even though the same model number. Anytime humans are involved (humans, after all, designed and built it), it is folly to expect the exact same results from two separate devices. One could be perfect, the other could be defective.

tonijaimez wrote:

It was like that: Settings > email accounts > personal email accounts > and the place to put the information in

In my case, sometimes I can get since step three, sometimes only since step two, but never since step four. It's freeking me out! 

I'm a bit lost by that sequence...by "step 3", do you mean "personal email accounts"? And by step 4, "and the place to put the information in"? Sorry, but it's confusing.

Oh...and getting freeked out will serve no purpose.

tonijaimez wrote:

On the other hand, I asked for the issue both in RIM and in my Internet provider. Completely unseful. They blamed each other,  but nobody was able to tell me what's happening. 

Interesting. How, exactly, did you accomplish asing RIM the question? You see, you have no channel to ask them anything for free. All support starts with your mobile service provider, who can escalate cases into RIM an no cost to the end user. But the end user has no channel by which to bypass their carrier and seek support directly from RIM. So I'm a bit confused as to how you asked RIM anything.

Further...what on earth does your Internet Provider have to do with this? Unless you meant your mobile service provider, in which case it would make sense...

Think of it all this way -- who do you pay for your services? Your carrier, right? You pay nothing to RIM and everything to your carrier. Hence, your carrier 100% responsible for delivery of services and support to you (and they have access to RIM for things they cannot resolve). And, from what I gather, you've allowed them to fob you off...I recommend that you contact them again and not let them fob you off.

But, back to my earlier recommendations...I still recommend you complete those and report back with exactly what happens with each step/substep in the sequence. The results may guide us to further recommendations. Lacking the results, we can only guess...which helps no one.

Good luck and let us know!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates
Super Contributor
kosten4
My Device: BB Bold 9900
My Carrier: vodafone UK

I have one question. Do you have data servise plan?
Or did you try reinstalling/upgrading the OS?
Blackberry! Here, now, forever!
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne

[ Edited ]

kosten4 wrote:
I have one question. Do you have data servise plan?

That's actually an excellent question...but, since the OP reported above that they previously had email working fine on this BB, I did not inquire specifically about this aspect...but the results of the steps I've recommended will actually help guide us as to this point.

kosten4 wrote:
Or did you try reinstalling/upgrading the OS?

That drastic of a step is one that I'm holding in reserve until we learn the results of the steps so far recommended.

Thanks!

Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
Knowledge Base Updates