Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

enter pin code (2 left)

Hi. I have a Bold 9700 and have 2 more attempts to enter pin code. How do I increase the attempts back to 10 left
Thanks
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

Re: enter pin code (2 left)

PIN is usually be prompted for accessing SIM card and that gives you 3 attempt. AS you mentioned about 10 attempt I guess that you're talking about device password access. After the 10th attempt you're device will be wiped like a factory default position. Then this password attempt will be reset to 10 access. At this point the loss to you will be device data unless you have a back up of your data.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Its pin code. Noted your comments only 3 attempts. How do I then increase it back to 3 attempts. Also what is the difference between pin code and pin code 2 ?
Elite II
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: grameenphone

[ Edited ]

As mentioned in earlier post PIN codes is a property of your SIM card. After 3 attempt you'll be asked to enter Personal Unblocking Code (PUK) code. This PUK will allow you 10 attempt after which you're SIM will be damaged and you'll need to reissue the SIM card again.

PIN and PUK codes are provide by your carrier either printed in a paper that comes with SIM card or printed in SIM card plastic holder. If you don't have it you may ask for help from your carrier's customer help desk. Operators maintain a log of PIN and PUK for each SIM.

tanzim                                                                                  
If your query is resolved then please click on Accept as Solution

Click on the LIKE on the bottom right if the post deserves credit