Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
bpetrozzi45
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: ROGERS

Re: error code 0x80043ac9

How did you delete all the contact names from the device?

Please use plain text.
Turespana
My Device: Bold 9650
My Carrier: Verizon

After months and months of reading posts and trying different tricks, I have a tried and true solution to this problem!  It DOES have to do with dates (either birthday and/or anniversary dates).  The trick is that it could be in your Outlook Contacts OR, it could be on BlackBerry in the contacts!  So, after you sort your contacts on Outlook and make sure there aren't any dates before 1900, then check your BB to make sure you don't have any weird dates under your contacts.  For those of you with thousands of contacts, here is how I finally was able to search through easily...

First, I grabbed the sync log from the Desktop Manager software (upper right corner with the "?" --> "Support resources --> Organizer sync log).  I copied that list of contacts into an Excel spreadsheet and sorted by name.

Next, go into Outlook and download a list of your contacts as a .csv file (Use Outlook instructions if you are unsure how to do that).

Then, copy the two previous files that you have created into a single spreadsheet so that you can compare the names side by side.  Sort each list so that you can go down your lists and see where the files don't match.  If you have a contact from Outlook that doesn't show up on your sync log, check that contact's Birthday and Anniversary on your BB.  You will find your errors that way.

Sync your BB again and it will work, guaranteed!  I never post on these forums; however, I was so excited that I FINALLY figured this out, I wanted to share it with everyone else who has had the same ongoing frustration!  Good luck!

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
bpetrozzi45
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: ROGERS

Thank you, But I solved the problem from reading the posts and learning that the cause  was in the calendars.  Consequenty I changed the bidirectional synchronization of the calendar to one directional (PC to Device) and synchronized it. Then I reversed the direction (device-PC) and synchronized again.  Finally I changed the synchronization of the calendars back to bidirectional  and it did the trick

Please use plain text.
SharonS13
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

error code 0x80043ac9

Removing the birthdays didn't work for me, but what did is wiping out all my contacts on the device (after ensuring a backup was made), restoring the contacts & then syncing to Outlook.

Thanks for all the helpful posts!

Please use plain text.
SharonS13
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: Rogers

Thanks very much, your instructions were easy to follow & worked great!

Please use plain text.
Pizzapooch
My Device: 8900 Bold
My Carrier: AT&T

Thanks.  I had recently entered some birthdays which I don't usually keep.  Removed them, and it removed the problem.  Syncs fine.

Please use plain text.
Mocito
My Device: 9780 bold
My Carrier: orange

Good morning, I had this error communication terminal. Thanks to your hint I found out what was wrong. But how to find the wrong date below 1900 in 5000 contacts. Reflecting remembered that some time ago I wrote the date card pin code. it was the 10th year. . This of course was a mistake.
Thank the person who had previously detected the error.

Please use plain text.