Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
sferrari
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: movistar venezuela
Accepted Solution

error code 0x80043ac9

hello,

Anybody know how to get info on this error code? My phone won´t sync with outlook and I get this error.

it also says check documentation.. but where???

the address book sync process reads 374 entrys and when processing it always stops at 235.

HELP!!!!

sferrari

Please use plain text.
gtactive
My Device: curve 8330

Re: error code 0x80043ac9

I have the same problem :mansad: 

if anyone can help would be much appreciated

I already unistalled the old desktop mngr and installed a new one from the internet

thanks

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Raelic
My Device: Bold 9900, Playbook , HS-700 headset
My Carrier: Rogers

HIYA!

What are you doing when this error occurs?

What is the full error tag you are receiving?

what is your Device and DM software versions?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1). Please thank those who help you by clicking the Like Button beside the 'Reply' button.
2). If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking "Accept as Solution" on the correct post!
3). Remember to have fun! We are all in this together!
4). Follow me on Follow Raelic1337 on Twitter

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sferrari

Hello,

What was I doing? I was trying to sync the phone. 

The software runs and reads "device address book" the 374 addresses and then passes to the "processing device address book" part of the appi and freezes on 235. "Error encountered. Error Code- 0x80043ac9. Check documementation." if I click OK it shuts down the sync appi.

If I run only the Calendar syncing part it runs fine... It is the address book the hangs up the desktop manager.

The phone now has OS 5 it is a 8900 Javelin. The Desktop Manager is ver 6. The PC is a Lenovo Laptop running WIN 7 pro on 3 megabytes. Office is 2007.

However this has been basically the same situation since I upgraded Desktop software to ver. 4 when I had a Curve 8110 on an XP box with Office 2003.

The difference now is that I am getting an error code instead of just a not saying that the program cannot process the application.

I hope I have given the requested information Do you have any more questions? Please let me know as this is aspect of BlackBerry that is very important to me and also to a co worker with a curve 8130 that hasn't been able to sync her phone for 2 months now.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Sferrari

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sferrari

Sorry I forgot an interesting footnote to this.

At one point with my 8110 I was using a version 2 desktop manager and then upgraded to the ver 4 and could no longer sync the phone and pc addresses. After days of frustration i was able to find a disc with the old version and un installed version 4 of desktop manager and reinstalled ver. 2 and was syncing my phone again without problems... then when i changed the laptop to new one with Win 7 I had to install teh desktop software and could no longer find the vers 2 desktop software and I have not been able to sync the phone for 7 months. I thought maybe with the change to the 8900 I would get lucky. But no. Then I upgraded the handheld os to 5 and thought I would be lucky... but no. Then I upgraded to Desktop ver 6 hoping to get lucky but no....

sferrari

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lmargolt
My Device: Bold

Hi,

I had this issue while trying to export my contacts to outlook.
Here is what I did to make it works:
- Back up the contacts on my computer ( that creates an .ipd file)
- Delete the contacts from the phone device
-Import the back up file back in the phone device
- then synchronise with outlook.

Hope it will work for you,

Ludo

Please use plain text.
mkeaster
My Device: Curve 8330
My Carrier: Verizon

I am having the same error and figured on deleting all contacts and trying again. 

Did you have to delete individual contacts or can you delete all them at one time?  I tried looking in the manual but did not find anything about deleting all contacts.  I have quite a few contacts to copy.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lmargolt
My Device: Bold

I did everything with Blackberry Desktop Software.

Mine is in French... I'll try to explain

-On the top left menu, choose the option on the left (Device in english?)

-Scroll down to the 3rd option (Save or back-up?). Select Adress book and save it (in "My Documents" for instance"). You should have an .ipd file.

-Go back to the top left menu, choose 'Delete" and select 'adress book'

-Once the adress book is deleted, restore the ipd file... then synchronize with outilook.

Hope it helps

Please use plain text.
Contributor
sferrari

thanks for the suggestion... merci bien je vais essayer...

the thing is I don´t understand why somebody from RIM doesn´t show up with the docs and an official fix.

de toute façon merci

Thanks... we´ll see.

sferrari

Please use plain text.
davidtidmarsh
My Device: Storm
My Carrier: Vodafone

I've finally got mine to sync, had to remove any Birthday details store in an individuals contacts details Just set any contacts that had Birthday details to none.

Hope this works for you.

Please use plain text.