Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

philmart
My Device: Bold 9700
My Carrier: Orange

Re: error code 0x80043ac9

I have deleted all the birthday-related information and guess what? It works now!

thanks a lot for this tip...:smileyhappy:

Please use plain text.
Purpleberry_user
My Device: Curve 8530

[ Edited ]

IsabelM: The same thing worked for me--simply setting the first birthday that I had in my Blackberry Curve 8530 to "none" allowed me to transfer contacts in my phone to Outlook.  I, too, left the rest of the birthdays and the transfer worked fine.  Thanks for sharing!

Please use plain text.
djrobinn
My Device: Curve 8900, Bold 9000, Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

I wonder what you mean by "first birthday".

Also, what if I don't want to get rid of the birthday information, I have collated this information over the years for my 500+ contacts and don't really want to part with it... come on BlackBerry, how about FIXING THE PROBLEM?!

Please use plain text.
ddewolf
My Device: Not Specified

That worked like a charm for me.  Thank you very much Imargolt

Please use plain text.
djrobinn
My Device: Curve 8900, Bold 9000, Torch 9800
My Carrier: Rogers

The backup and deletion and restore from the IPD file wasn't cutting it for me.

Luckily my contacts were fairly well-sync'd before the problem occurred.  I had an idea and deleted the records from the device using the Desktop Manager, then, instead of restoring from the IPD and running into the same issue, I just let it be and just sync'd with Outlook, it put all the contacts back on and I sync'd it three times after and there was no sight of the errror.

Whoever's stuck, try this formula...

Please use plain text.
terryalmond
My Device: storm 1
My Carrier: tmobile

How in the world did you find all of your bday info?

I don't mind deleting them all but I can't recall which entries have that information.

Also, are you all deleting the bday info from the bb device or the outlook database?

Which one?

I tried the "first bday" method and it did not work for me. But that's probably because I have no way of finding out if that's my first bday entry on contacts.

So please let me know how you went about doing this...

Thanks

Please use plain text.
terryalmond
My Device: storm 1
My Carrier: tmobile

Hey All,

I just deleted "Address Book" from the Desktop Manager while my phone was conncected of course then I synced...finally, after months of transfering date one entry at a time, I finally got it all on my phone from outlook.

I almost didn't try that...so to all of you out there that might be frustrated with everyone's method ---try everything until you find what works for you...truth is, every device is different in some ways...

Hope that helps....

Please use plain text.
Jeann

Good afternoon, I have a Blackberry 8520, Windows 7 and Office 2010, and I can not sync, the process begins and ends not accusing 0x80043ac9 failure. Does anyone know why this is happening,

Thanks,

:smileytongue:

Please use plain text.
wildfx

You are a champion. I deleted data from my device and it worked perfect and it saved me 3 weeks of headaches.  Thanx for taking the time to post your findings.

Please use plain text.
DavidTallahassee
My Device: Blackberry Curve 8900
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Thank you for your suggestions.  I did what you said from start to finish and afterwards I was able to upload my contacts to Outlook 2010.  Thanks, DavidTallahassee

Please use plain text.