Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

BlackBentley
My Device: 9800 Torch

Re: error code 0x80043ac9

0x80043ac9 - Answer!

This was driving me crazy too. It seems there is a data problem. In reading all the post and trying the ideas I have come to the conclusion is can be task, calendar, contact or memo data that is bad. Mine was calendar data.

Resolution for me:

- Using in BB Desktop, backup all data

- delete all data

- restore contacts

- sync calender, task and memo

restore the data that is not a problem and sync (from your computer) the problem data. For example, if I had problems with the contacts, I would have not restored my contact data, I would have waited until I got home (I am on the road) and then synced my contact. Fortunately for me I was able to sync my calender with my work notebook.

Hope this helps.

PS the Contact restore was perfect!

New Contributor
Flukey
My Device: Pearl

I have no birthdays in my outlook contacts so the error must be on the phone.

My synching stops at 297 of 365. Is that where the error will be?

How do you find what conatcts on the phone have a birthday associated with them?

I can't see yhem anywhere?

Thanks.

Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

Flukey wrote:

I have no birthdays in my outlook contacts so the error must be on the phone.

in the Desktop Manager, there is the synchronization options where you can define the mapping of the fields of the Outlook contact and the fields of the BlackBerry contact.

You will see what is the name of the field in Outlook that is mapped with the Birthday in BlackBerry.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Silvy14
My Device: Not Specified

I honestly have spent the last 6 months trying to figure out why my Blackberry suddenly stopped syncing and I got the annoying 0x80043ac9 at line 621.

I've read dozens of forums and support sites, and I learned that the type of Blackberry doesn't really matter, nor does the line number - the main point is that one contact on your device is not able to communicate with your PC for some reason.

I made sure I had no stupid birthday or anniversary entries.  I did the advanced syncronization log (although I can't read/interpret that jargon so it was useless).  But I never tried backing up then deleting my Address Book because I just couldn't risk losing all the new contacts that I had entered into the device since it stopped syncing.

Finally, out of options desperate,  I was going through my contacts on my device one-by-one, looking for a contact that had something out of the ordinary, I noticed a .vcard that had been emailed to me that had an image imbedded in the contact.  I deleted that contact, and problem solved!!

No idea why I didn't see this before...but if the birthday trick fails you, look for images, or anything "different" in your contacts.

agz
New Contributor
agz
My Device: 9700

Hi David,

I have the same problem and have gone through the same exercise of deleting and re installing.  I was also advised to remove any notifications for birthdays in my contacts.  I have tons of contacts do i have to do this one by one on my handheld devise or on the desktop.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

AGZ

agz
New Contributor
agz
My Device: 9700

Hi Thanks for your tips.  I found the syncronized log but once im there how do I identify the problem area?

Thanks,

I know it stops at 3696 of 3784.  But how do I find what entry 3684 is ?

Thank you for your time.

AGZ

New Contributor
Flukey
My Device: Pearl

I cant fix my phone.

I keep working back deleting the record that supposedly has the error (ie: record 258 of 322)

but if I deleted 2 or 3 records, the error reduces by 2 or 3 so its never ending.

I think its just easier to p1ss the phone off and get a real smart phone.

agizzo101
My Device: Curve 8330

Just had to add how I fixed this.  Because I don't have any contacts that I don't in Outlook, I just did a restore in the Desktop app.  That cleaned it up and I was able to sync.  Alf. 

ctperimeter
My Device: 8330

Finally - This has been a problem for two years.

Magic Berry allowed me to easily view the birthday listings and scroll through to find the bad data.

Corrected the bad date and it synched for the first time Thanks Sferrari

mark-1111
My Device: Not Specified

I had the same problem, I checked my contacts for any mistakes and found a corrupt birthdate(09-12-0034), once I modified it to 1934 my BB could just synchronise.