Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Claro Peru

Error code 0x80043ac9 BB Torch 9800 Office-Outlook 2010

[ Edited ]

Today I tried to synchronize my BB Torch 9800 (software version 6.0.0.284 platform 6.4.0.120) with my desktop (v.6.0.1.18)  in my laptop that uses Windows 7 ultimate and outlook 2010. And a window appears saying that there is an error 0x80043ac9 and that I should check the documentation.

But what documentation? From where?

Why BB does not give a solution?

Please help.

Fortunato Peralta

<Personal Content Removed>

My Device: Not Specified

Re: Error code 0x80043ac9 BB Torch 9800 Office-Outlook 2010

0x80043ac9 – Solution

This error is due to having a birthday that is prior to 1900. 

I have over 2900 contacts and was able to remember the two that were causing this problem.  One birthday was 1850 that I changed to 1950, and the birthday other was 1864 which I changed to 1964.

After making that simple change, I have no problems syncing my blackberry contacts.

I am sure the problem would also be solved by removing any birthdays prior to 1900 and leaving the birthday field empty. 

And to think we were all worried about  Y2K

Enjoy! :-)

My Device: 9700
My Carrier: Du

Re: error code 0x80043ac9

Thank you so much for the detailed instructions! The error code is gone and I am able to Sync my Outlook to the BB.

My Device: Blackberry Curve 8330
My Carrier: Bell

Got the same error and had to read the blog to find out about possible solutions.  Did remove the program and reinstalled, twice, didn't work.  Removed all birthdays from contacts, didn't work.  Finally read about deleting all contact info from the device using desktop manager and tried re-sync ... hourray, my contact are all back in the device and no more error message.  Good luck but it worked for me!!!

New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: airtel

Re: error code 0x80043ac9 finding the contact that causes the problem

hey!!

Firstly, solving  the birthday/anniversary issue WORKS!!!!! before i fixed the problem, i had the daunting task of tryin to figure out which contact entry was the cause of my worry!! i hadnt entered the details for all the contacts. even then trying to remember with contact i had done it for was impossible. when i tried to sync the error used to appear at the 408th ctc. i tried to search for that particular ctc but it didnt work. here's how i solved that problem

I synced my BB calender with the outlook calender. then i made a note of the contacts who's birthdays/anniversaires came up on the calender and voila!!!! i found the offending contact. some people may argue that the calender sync is not required and u can use the bb calender itself to find the ctc but my problem was that i had synced the Facebook birthdays with  my calender too so it was impossible to find the ctc.

i hope this helps those out there with this problem

also thank u to the genius who sorted out the primary problem in the first place. You're my hero!!!!

My Device: 8900
My Carrier: movistar

Dear all, I try erasing all birthdays i have entered, but it din´t work. If you wan´t to locate the fields with birthdays you can open the backup file previously done .ipd to excel and then search birthday and you will find the fields where you  have the birthday completed.

The solution i found was to turn of my device remove the sim card for about 5 minutes and voila it works and i was able to sincronize all data.

I believe in some cases the birthday might be an issue i also believe that receiving a .vcard form the bbchat may cause the problem as well.

hope it helps,

My Device: curve 8310
My Carrier: AT&T

I have had this problem for almost a month. AT&T tried to no avail to help me get answers from Blackberry. Needless to say, this is a problem I can't afford to have, so I'm moving on to an Iphone. 

New Contributor
My Device: Tour
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Didn't work - 9-1-2011. Still no help from RIM in knowledge base. Tried to fix this 8 times over three months. Giving up.
KLH
My Device: Curve 8530
My Carrier: Verizon

I too just want to send out a BIG thank you to whoever figured out the birthday issue.  It's taken a few days, but I finally got it to sync after finding the bad date.  Thank you!  Thank you!!  :Flowers:

New Contributor
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: ROGERS

Re: Error code 0x80043ac9 BB Torch 9800 Office-Outlook 2010

thank you but I have 1300 contact names/birthdays.  Is there an easy way of finding the ones before 1900?