Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
wendyg68
My Device: blackberry curve 8520
My Carrier: vodafone

error code 523

I need help with my sons blackberry, its showing a white screen with the words app error 523, each time i reset it, it goes back to the white screen saying error code again, my son is 12 and needs to take his phone so i can keep in touch while im at work, help much appreciated

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: error code 523

Hi wendyg68

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Do you have a backup of your device because to recover your device from this error you may loose all data within that device. Please try those steps to recover your device :

( Credit JSanders )

1) Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed.
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/

2) On your PC, go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following line exactly (meaning with the quotation marks):

"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm

3) The Application Loader Wizard will appear -- click "Next."

4) In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button.

5) You should then see a list of applications ready to be installed for your Blackberry. Hit Next and Finish and you are well on your way to getting your Blackberry back to life. Congrats! Just don't disconnect anything and let the lengthy process finish completely.

NOTE: If you do not see a list of applications mentioned in step 5 and instead see the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator," then you must download Blackberry's Operating System for your carrier and device.

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/BlackBerry_Operating_System_Downloads

Just select the appropriate carrier and network type, select your Blackberry model from the list and download the latest version. Install this download and follow the above steps again and you should be on the right path.

Additional information:

• KB24395 :  "Error 523", "App Error 523", or "JVM 523" appears on the BlackBerry Smartphone
  • KB10144  : How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

Please try it and let us know of your progress.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wendyg68

thanks for that, i know i sound dumb, but do i have to have the phone connected to pc aswell? Its my sons phone and i havent a clue how to work it

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Dear wendyg68

Yes you have to conect your device to the PC via USB cord,before starting the process.

Good luck.

If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wendyg68

There isnt a run option in the start menu on this laptop

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
wendyg68

found it and have pasted it, but its saying location not available

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012

Hi wendyg68

Have you Installed BlackBerry Desktop Software on your Laptop before performing those steps, First Install BlackBerry Desktop Software then click on Start  and Copy and then paste this :

"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm .

Please use plain text.