Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
vineetsaxena28
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: airtel - India

error message - help required

Curve 8520 - The below error is coming:

net_rim_bb_messaging_app(71) and after clicking on OK, device is not responding. After rebooting an error is coming app error 523 and a reset is being asked for, after reset the device gets start and is slow in responding. This has happend too many times now.

Even tried to downlod desktop software, that is too not working.

Dont know how to sort out the issue

Plz help

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Re: error message - help required

Hi vineetsaxena28

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Sorry to hear that you are having problem with your BlackBerry® Curve 8520.To recover your device please try those steps mentioned below :

( Credit JSanders )

1) Make sure you have Blackberry Desktop Manager installed.
http://na.blackberry.com/eng/services/desktop/

2) On your PC, go to Start > Run and copy and paste the following line exactly (meaning with the quotation marks):

"c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe" /nojvm

3) The Application Loader Wizard will appear -- click "Next."

4) In the "Connection:" drop-down menu, you should see "USB-PIN: UNKNOWN". Click the "Next" button.

5) You should then see a list of applications ready to be installed for your Blackberry. Hit Next and Finish and you are well on your way to getting your Blackberry back to life. Congrats! Just don't disconnect anything and let the lengthy process finish completely.

NOTE: If you do not see a list of applications mentioned in step 5 and instead see the message "The Blackberry Desktop Software does not have Blackberry Device Software for the device that you have connected to the computer. Contact your wireless service provider or system administrator," then you must download Blackberry's Operating System for your carrier and device.

http://www.blackberryfaq.com/index.php/BlackBerry_Operating_System_Downloads

Just select the appropriate carrier and network type, select your Blackberry model from the list and download the latest version. Install this download and follow the above steps again and you should be on the right path.

Additional information:
http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB24395 "Error 523", "App Error 523", or "JVM 523" appears on the BlackBerry smartphone

Article ID: 
http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB10144 How to force the detection of the BlackBerry smartphone using Application Loader

Please try it and let us know of your progress.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
vineetsaxena28
My Device: curve 8520
My Carrier: airtel - India

Dear Prince

Thanks for the reply. As mentioned earlier, have downloaded the desktop manager but could not run because of the below mentioned file could not be found in the .exe downloaded file:

Microsoft.NET Framework3.5 SP1(Web download) could not be found - Error message.

Thanks in advance for help.

Please use plain text.
Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve
My Carrier: BSNL

Hi vineetsaxena28

Sorry that you are having problem,Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 SP1is needed to run BlackBerry Desktop Software.Go through this Knowledge Base and Install Microsoft.NET Framework 3.5 SP1 on your PC :

KB17001 BlackBerry Desktop Software requires Microsoft® .NET Framework 3.5 SP1 to be installed.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
Please use plain text.