Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
mollypiper
My Device: curve 9300
Accepted Solution

error message - uncaught exception: shared webkit instance unavailable:null

I was browsing a web site through google when the page went blank and the above message came up. I can no longer access internet browsing on my blackberry as the message just comes up.

I don't know if i am on the right track to restart the MDS connection service, after looking at the help sections? Only problem is I don't have a clue how to do that.

Interestingly I can still access my facebook and ebay apps just not use google or internet browser.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Re: error message - uncaught exception: shared webkit instance unavailable:null

Hi mollypiper

Welcome to BlackBerry Support Forums

Have you recently Installed any new application on your device ? If you have then Uninstall or undo any changes that you did before this error appeared on your device.In Addition try those steps and see if that helps:

1- Register your Handheld .

• KB00510 How to register a BlackBerry smartphone with the wireless network
  • Wait till a Registration messages comes in your message box.

2- Delete and Resend your Service Book

• KB05000Delete the service book for the BlackBerry Internet Service email account from the BlackBerry smartphone
  • KB02830 Send the service books for the BlackBerry Internet Service
  • Wait till a registration message comes in your message box for each email address you have .

3-  Then perform a battery pull restart like this while the device is powered On remove your battery wait for a min. then reinsert it back  

Or you can call your Service provider for further help. Try it and let us know.

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.
New Contributor
mollypiper
My Device: curve 9300

Thank you. I hadn't installed anything recently but I followed all your instructions and now it all works again. Thank you for making it so clear to follow!

Elite II
prince2012
My Device: Curve

Hi mollypiper

You are most welcome.. We are Glad that your issue has been resolved :smileyhappy:

Click " Like " if you want to Thank someone.
If Problem Resolves mark the post(s) as " Solution ", so that other can make use of it.