Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

error while setting up calendar

[ Edited ]
I am running XP, DM4.5 with a BB8310. I"m trying to set up outlook express calendar on the BB. I go to 'configure sync settings on my desktop program' choose 'calendar' then highlight microsoft outlook ( outlook express is not an option in the list), then I hit  'next'. I get a micorsoft outlook connector error window that says 'a default profile could not be found' I can't see to find where to set up this profile. Without doing this, the calendar is not working. How do I set up this profile that it is looking for?
Message Edited by sacupc on 09-10-2008 12:24 AM
Guru I
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Re: error while setting up calendar

Hi and welcome to the forums!

What version of Outlook Express are you using?

Thanks

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Contributor
My Device: 9800
My Carrier: Singtel

As stated in Desktop Software v 4.5 release notes, only Outlook express 6 is supported. If you are using any other version lower than this, then you will have to install a lower version of Desktop Software.

I would suggest you check the release notes first to see which version supports your version of Outlook Express before installing.

V4.5 release notes : http://na.blackberry.com/eng/deliverables/3527/Release_notes_45_multi_437113_11.pdf

***Visit BlackBerry Technical Solution Center (www.blackberry.com/btsc) for answers to your support questions, documentation & related resources***
Guru I

[ Edited ]

Hi,

While you are technically correct, I think it would have been better to CONFIRM that's what he was running first.

And then maybe mention that in the release notes it talks about the information, here's the Link, Please read!

Notice this is his first post, and he just joined

Don't you think?

Thanks

Message Edited by Bifocals on 09-10-2008 01:13 AM

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

Well, I feel like such a noob. I recently switched to Mozilla Thunderbird. So I saved the data in a comma separated file. Then I was able to snyc and import the file. It took the updated file but there were some errors in the log. It didn't recognize the time format. Here is an example of the error.

READ "<Unspecified>"The time field "Start Time" has an invalid value "09:30:00 AM".
A default value will be substituted.
The time field "End Time" has an invalid value "06:00:00 PM".
A default value will be substituted.

The updates are not showing in the BB. I'll search through the forum to see if this is addressed. Sorry about being such a noob, lol. 

Highlighted
Guru I

If you need more information, please ask!

If not, please resolve the post using the options by the kudo's start.

Just check the post that had your answer!

Thanks