Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
amylou87
My Device: Not Specified

facebook

This may sound incredily stupid! I recently purchased my blackberry, and I'm still getting ti grips with It, but am having trouble getting access to facebook. every time I try to log in I'm told that my username/password combo is wrong. Does anyone have any ideas, would v much appreciate any help on this!
Please use plain text.
Regular Contributor
xaroc

Re: facebook

[ Edited ]

All i can say would be, reveiw your Username and password, if you are new to the Blackberry keyboard stlye, could be easy to miss a letter, or if your password has numbers in it , to hold the Alt. key down for all the numbers.

Anothing thing, the User name and Password MIGHT be case sensitive. Other then that, theres not much you can do

Message Edited by xaroc on 07-28-2008 07:15 PM
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
bumblepie
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Yeah you need to muck around with it a bit to get it working.

1. Enable your service for blackberry web, thatll send down that IPPP for 5 click.

2. Delete your desktop IPPP service book, leaving just that other IPPP book.

3. Hard reset. (make sure phone is one when you pull the battery out.)

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Please use plain text.
Contributor
amylou87

Re: Re: facebook

Please forgive me if I sound totally ignorant but as a complete newbie to this I am incredibly embarassed to admit that I have absolutely no idea what ur post meant bumblepie. Any way to explain that in laymans terms??? Sorry!!
Please use plain text.
Contributor
amylou87

Re: Re: Re: facebook

Just looked in my service book and I have 2 IPPPs in there. IPPP for 5 click and the other is IPPP for BIBS, having no idea what this means I thought I ought to ask is this the IPPP I should delete? Sorry, and thanks millions for ur help x
Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor III
bumblepie
My Device: 8110, 8300, 8800, 8700, 9000

Re: Re: Re: facebook

Delete the IPPP for BIBS and then pull battery out whilst phone still on.

Sorry for late reply. Let us know how u went..

***************************************************************************************************
If your issue is resolved, put a checkmark in the green box that contains the resolution.
OR
If it was just/or also really helpful - Give it a Kudos.. Go on Mate.. Help the rest of the clueless blackberry user world find their answer too..
~Gday from Down Under~
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

amylou87 wrote:
am having trouble getting access to facebook. every time I try to log in I'm told that my username/password combo is wrong.
does this work better when you go to http://m.facebook.com/ with your browser ? If not, it means you're not typing your login/passwd correctly on the Keyboard of the Curve.

You can create a note in the Blackberrry Notes application, containing your login and your password (so you can actually see what you type) then copy paste (you can switch from an application to another by doing Alt-Escape like you would do Alt-Tab on your PC).

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
franksadam6

NEW FACEBOOK!!!

Hi there, I am very new to all this, and can not figure out how to create my very own new message, bassically my problem is this, I have a blackberry 8310, and wish to have the facebook application added to my menu, but each time I followthe link on blackberrys site,www.blackberry.com/facebook/mobiledownload on the blackberry, I get to except the terms and conditions then the next page has a message about active x for xp users, shows a download bar at 0% which never moves and has, retry button times 3 and 3 now buttons which none of them work, is it a problem with the site? is there another way of getting the programme? I can't use a normal PC at the moment.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: NEW FACEBOOK!!!

[ Edited ]
To download the application OTA "over the air" without using a PC, go to http://www.blackberry.com/facebook/mobiledownload with the browser of your Blackberry, and not with your PC browser.
Message Edited by Xandrex on 08-04-2008 10:45 PM

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
franksadam6

Re: NEW FACEBOOK!!!

Yeah tried that, but like I said the t&cs come up which I accept, it then goes to the download screen mentioning active x for xp users, shows a download bar at 0% which does not look right, then has 3 next buttons and 3 try buttons! Really need this facebook programme and can't find anywhere else to get it from directly from the bb, even tried download.com but that is just for pc use!
Please use plain text.