Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
meeech
My Device: BB Curve
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

factory reset

I'm trying to factory reset my BB Curve so I can give it to my niece and I cant find how to anywhere on it, Please HELP!

Please use plain text.
Developer
Teaboy1748
My Device: Passport/Z30//Q10/ Z10 / 9900 / PlayBook / 9700 / 8900
My Carrier: ATT

Re: factory reset

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Option> Security> Security Wipe

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
meeech

after i go into security there is no security wipe options?

Please use plain text.
Developer
Teaboy1748

[ Edited ]

Which model Device and what OS is your blackberry??

It is also likely that those features are missing because the device needs to be connected to the BlackBerry network.  Go to Options > Advanced Options > Host Routing Tables, press the BB Menu button and select Register Now.  That will re-register your device on the BlackBerry network and should download the required info to get your device going.  Be aware that you will need a BlackBerry data plan on your device to do this, so make sure this is set up in advance.  If it's not, contact your carrier to have them do that for you.

Once that is done, you may also need to resend your service books.  The above steps should make your Email Settings appear, and once it does, go to the Email Settings, log in to BIS (if required), press the BB Menu button and select Service Books.  You can then resend your Service Books.

Note:  If that still doesn't work, you may need to reload the OS.  If you need to go that route try the steps here:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Device-Software/How-To-Reload-Your-Operating-Syste...

That should get you up and running!  :smileyhappy:

http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Curve/Security-Wipe-missing-features/td-p/763403

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
meeech

When I click Host Routing Tables it says no entries, ty for the help but its now just frustrating me more than anything so I'm not gunna bother. ty again :smileyhappy: appreciate ur help

Please use plain text.
Developer
Teaboy1748

no we are here to help. Does your phone currently have data plan?
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
meeech

no it does not, I'm letting my niece use it with a pay as you go plan and she got her sims card today and has it set up with her number but I want to factory set it before I actually give it to her. I have a couple ring tones that I bought on it as well that I was trying to take off but I can not do that either. It's all very frustrating. It's a BB Curve 8520 and that number u asked about I have no idea what that is

Please use plain text.
Developer
Teaboy1748

Seems like you need to "re-Register'" your Phone to get the factory reset functions, since your phone does not have a data plan it don't seem like its possible.
Please use plain text.
Contributor
dramSH
My Device: BlackBerry 9900
My Carrier: china unicom

I'm not sure why you would need to register your device and do all these steps previously provided to you.

If your having trouble finding the option just apply a password and enter incorrectly 10 times. This will wipe it.

If your device was on a BES I would suggest a factory reset to remove any IT policies. This can be done easily with desktop software 6.1 - 7.1. Go to help>support resources>support tools>factory reset.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
meeech

where would I re-register the phone? where ever the service provider is for it?

Please use plain text.