Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
cjf1973
My Device: blackberry curve 9300

files and file folders

Hey guya need some help big time. I have had major security issues with my phone so forgive me if im paranoid or seem that way! I have 9300 curve and i found a hidden icon called "files". I opened it and in "all files" i found a longggg list of files that were listed by number, i.e. 2013016- 2965, and when i open them they are blank or very longfggg but most of it is "code" 33er359eee ect ect, other than the header whgich will say app store connection gzip files transfered , or something of that nature!! Because of my security issue i started to play around and somehow ended up on voice recorder, and recorded something and saved to see what happens, and it was saved identical to the files i stumbled upon! Also when i click properties it says at the bottom that they are forwarded with a lock symbol next to it!! Can someone tell me what this means? Its alot of info and i tried to be brief. If i need to elaborate please ask and i will!
Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
aiharkness
My Device: Passport & PlayBook

Re: files and file folders

[ Edited ]

It may happen that someone comes along and knows exactly what you are looking at and what is going on.   I don't.    But here is some info that may be helpful.

If your BlackBerry is your personal device, not on BES, and has been under your control and password locked whenever not directly under your control, then odds are that no one installed anything, not even remotely.   

You can go to options and look at installed modules.   So far as I know you will see everything that is installed.

You can do a security wipe and remove everything.   Use a prior backup or BlackBerry Protect to just restore your data.  If you want to to be as sure as sure can be, use JL_CMDR to wipe the device to 507 error, then start over from there.   But of course if your worry goes that far.......

I hope someone has an innocent explanation.

- Ira
Please use plain text.
Contributor
cjf1973
My Device: blackberry curve 9300

Re: files and file folders

Did all of the above , and it now finally im told that this person used a voip phone from bengladesh and cloned my sim card and my phone! They alos used desktop software to get in and until i added a puk code i never knew they were! They were turning my wifi on using my bluetooth to extract stuff and a mess of other stuff which i can do nothing about!! Went to police and know who did it and when and how, but cant get proof from tmobile or hard evidence without court order and cant get court order without pressing charges and having proof
Please use plain text.