Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Blackbelt-chick
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

folder problem

On my home screen I made a folder to put all of the shopping icons in, I took the icons and moved them into the folder but now when I open the folder there is nothing in it.  It doesn't show anything at all.  I have only had the blackberry curve for 2 weeks and I haven't figured this out.  I just wanted a folder on the home screen to keep everything organized and so I wouldn't have so many icons to scroll through.  Can someone please tell me why the folder is empty and where the icons have gone to?  Any suggestions at all would be great.

JSanders
Solutions: 5,982
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: folder problem

Those are pushed by your carrier to the BB, via service books.

If you delete the service books or drop your BB Data Plan for a period of time, the service books haven't been pushed back, then the icons diappear as well.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Forums Advisor III
lorriem1222
My Device: AT&T BOLD OS 4.6.0.167

This happened to me when I first created my folder and then once again recently. It is solved by a battery pull. Remove the battery with the phone on and leave it out for 30 seconds. Replace it and allow the phone 1-3 minutes to reboot. Then check the folder again. Please let me know.
~Lorrie~ Master of All Things Blackberry!
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

in addition to that, when you move icons, it's is done per theme. If you change theme, the sorting is different.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: