Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Emjay123
My Device: 9320
My Carrier: Vodacom

forgot my blackberry id and password

HELLO I'M HAVING TROUBLE USING MY BBM OR BBW BECAUSE I HAVE FORGOTTEN MY PASSWORD AND ID EVERYTIME I GO AND CHANGE IT ON THE WEB SITE IT KEEPS SENDING ME AN EMAIL WITH A LING THAT IS GOING TO SEND THE SAME EMAIL WITH A LINK TO ME EMAIL ADDRESS .I'M GOING IN CIRCLES HERE SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME

Please use plain text.
Hall of Famer II
sdgardne
My Device: Z30, Z10 & Q10 (10.2.1.3247), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: forgot my blackberry id and password

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

Password reset emails are never delivered to the device itself for security reasons. Hence, you must have separate access (e.g., PC-based webmail, etc.) to that email account in order to receive and process the password reset. But, if that email account happens to be a hosted one (e.g., @bb or @carrier), then you are in a catch-22 since those email accounts are accessible solely via the device itself and not from anywhere else.

So, if the first applies and you do have separate access to that email account, then go there and process the password reset.

But, if the second applies (a hosted email account), then see this:

• KB28111 Unable to reset BlackBerry ID password when using a BlackBerry hosted email address

Good luck!

PS...also refer to this:

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!
If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button inside of their post. Please click here and read, along with the threads to which it links, for helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions.
Join our BBM Channels
BSCF General Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Please use plain text.