Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
My Device: Curve 8900
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

format blackberry device to default settings

[ Edited ]

Hello

Anyone knows how to format my blackberry device to default settings (factory settings) without using desktop manager software as I can't seems to connect to the software but i can see my files as mass storage only

I need HELP!!!!!!

Solutions: 6,170
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: format blackberry device to default settings

To truly go back to default settings, you need your PC. See the directions below.

If you just want to wipe your device of all personal data, preferences, contacts, calendar, etc., you may do so ON the device itself in the Options > Security > General Settings > Menu key > Wipe handheld function.

If you are having problems connecting to Desktop Manager, it is a likely a PC issue, not an issue with the device. See more info below.

Read this RIM Knowledge Base article to reset your device to the factory settings.
KB18998 How to reset a BlackBerry smartphone to factory defaults

Read this post for tips and help to connect your device to Desktop Manager:
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Desktop-Software/Tips-for-getting-BlackBerry-Deskt...

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes

Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code