Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
kpashmore
My Device: Not Specified

gmail sync

I have figured out most things on my new blackberry but cannot figure this one out. I get my gmails fine on both my laptop and blackberry. But when I read or delete emails on my laptop, those emails are not also deleted on my blackberry. The blackberry has every single email and does not get rid of the ones i deleted on my laptop. How do i get the gmails to sync?
Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
BBsingh
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

Re: gmail sync

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB13509

try this KB and check the option 'Synchronize deleted items between this mailbox and my device' for your gmail BIS account and test.

Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kpashmore

i already did that.problem still exists
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Bifocals
My Device: Torch 9850/ Playbook
My Carrier: VerizonWireless

Hi and welcome to the forums,

See if you can use BBSINGH's document with this one, and maybe it will explain it better.

http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB10332&sliceId=SAL_Pub...

If you need further assistance please ask! If not:

Please resolve the post using the green kudos's box. Simply check the post that had

your answer in it. Thanks!

Click Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Install BlackBerry Protect it's a free application designed to help find your lost BlackBerry smartphone, and keep the information on it secure.

Follow Bifocals on Twitter

Please use plain text.
Super Contributor
JerryD
My Device: Q10 OS 10.1, PlayBook (WiFi 64 Gig)

First, you need to understand that what's on your Laptop does not necessarily reflect what's on the SERVER.

I have a Yahoo Mail Plus account ($25/year) as well as four Gmail accounts delivered to my BlackBerry.

The Yahoo account is nearly BES like in that deletes and reads ARE reflected on both the BlackBerry and the server.  I don't know if this is true with a free Yahoo email account.  Delivery and Reads are nearly instantaneous too.  HOWEVER, neither reads nor deletes in an email CLIENT on a computer necessarily have anything to do with what's on the Server.  I use Outlook Express with this account, and OE marks everything on the Yahoo Server as Read once it's in OE - even if I didn't read it in OE.  It also gets delivered as unread in OE even if I did read it in Yahoo.  Deletes in OE are not reflected on the server either.  Typically with an SMTP client, you set whether or not ALL emails are deleted from the server once they're delivered to the client.  This is the case with both Outlook and Outlook Express anyway.

I have two of my Gmail accounts set up as SMTP, and two set up as IMAP.  Deletes on the BlackBerry are reflected on the server (my chosen option), but deletes and reads on the server are not reflected on the BlackBerry in either mode.  I was testing delivery times a few weeks back and found that SMTP was delivered nearly instantly, but IMAP was not.  However, reads on my BlackBerry ARE reflected in the IMAP setup, but not in the SMTP setup, but again, reads on either server (web) are not reflected on the BlackBerry.

(Tonight, however, my IMAP accounts seemed to be delivering nearly instantly.  I may change the SMTP accounts back to IMAP...)

Jerry
Please use plain text.
Contributor
shampoo
My Device: Curve 8330

When you speak of SMTP, I believe you mean POP. SMTP is the protocol used for sending mail.. IMAP does support a near instant push for GMail and Google Apps for SOME people (like me). This is new and was only implemented a few days ago. Not everyone gets it and RIM will no doubt deny its supported. But it appears to be coming.

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z30, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: B&You _ SFR

shampoo wrote:

IMAP does support a near instant push for GMail and Google Apps for SOME people (like me). This is new and was only implemented a few days ago.

That's not correct, IMAP Idle has been available from GMail for at least 2 or three months. It enables anyone having an IMAP client on their mobile phone to get nearly realtime email without using Blackberry technologies.

shampoo wrote:

Not everyone gets it and RIM will no doubt deny its supported. But it appears to be coming.

It is now supported : http://www.blackberrycool.com/2008/09/bis-customers-now-getting-instant-imap-e-mail/

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
kpashmore

i am still having the gmail sync problem. My BB has all gmails even the ones i deleted on laptop gmail. how do i get them to sync?
Please use plain text.