Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
Banjobum
My Device: Not Specified

Re: google calendar

I saw this thread and followed the advice. Works great. Thanks
Please use plain text.
Contributor
pinkdaisies
My Device: T-Mobile Curve 8320

I'm so glad! I was ready to rip my hair out..so glad it was of help to someone else.
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

hello,

a new version of the Google Mobile Sync ahas been released. Seems like some bugs regarding handheld Software OS 4.5 have been fixed.

http://www.berryreview.com/2008/08/25/google-calendar-sync-version-46-released/

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
deejal01

Re: Can't delete calendar items off of BB Curve 8320

[ Edited ]

Very easy to resolve.  I ran into the same problem and here is my solution that worked for me:

1,  From my calendar I pressed the Berry button.

2.  I then selected Google Sync and pressed the trackball and the Last Successful Sync window appears

3.  I pressed the Berry button again and then selected SIGN OUT which then gave me the option to CANCEL or DELETE my calendar events.  I selected DELETE.  Then you are signed out of Google Sync for Mobile

4.  I signed in again and I had to resync my calendar was automatically downloaded again and it synched beautifully with no double entries

One thing it cannot handle is an even spanning multiple days.

Message Edited by deejal01 on 10-19-2008 01:36 AM
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
lucblanchet
My Device: BlackBerry Curve 8330

..regarding the Google sync, it seems I can't download it to my Curve 8330. I'm with TELUS, does that make a difference?
Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

@lucblanchet : can you be more specific ? What do you mean by "it seems I can't download it"

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.
ekloser
My Device: 8310
My Carrier: Rogers

I can't download it either. i can't open the link on my blackberry. it jsut doesn't work. did you have any luck so far? it is driving me crazy!!!!

Please use plain text.
deejal01

Yes.  The most simple fix now is to simply throw away your Blackberry and go for an Android OS based phone.  I got the HTC Hero and it's a lot more functional than the BlackBerry.

However, here is a suggestion to get it to download...

be sure that all applicable permissions are set to, "allow" and if that doesn't work, be sure to visit google's help section or sync section because there is a specific set of directions where Google sends a text message to download the app.

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ericdeeson

The link offered in this thread: 

www.google.com/mobile/blackberry/sync/

no longer (this is now 2013, five years later) seems to work - (a) the address switches to Google Apps, and (b) there are various apps one can scroll through, but the list can't scroll below a certain point (about five apps, not including Google Calendar Sync). Google's less generous approach to sharing from earlier in 2013 may also have had an effect.

So, please, how can I get my Curve 9320 to sync its calendar with my Google Calendar?

Thanks, folks - Eric

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex

hello Eric,

you can't because Google has stopped the services that allow you to do that on your BlackBerry. They called it the "spring cleaning" (sic).

Please use plain text.