Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
fquintella
My Device: Not Specified

hanset not sending or receiving emails

My Blackberry simply stoped sending or receiving emails, since my cell operator had a problem with my line, which stayed unavailable for some days.

Since then I tried with another SIM card (from another line with a data package attached to) but it didn´t work.

I tried deleting and recreating the email accounts (I use two) associated with the handset through my cell operator´s Blackberry website, but it didn´t work.

Strangely, the email accounts' icons in the Blackberry screen, which I understand were supposed to disapear when the accounts were deleted and to reapear when they were receated, stayed there the whole time.

Also, when I enter the Conection Manager function in the Blackberry´s main menu and choose Service Status, the Blackberry Internet Service connection indicator says "not connected", while the network is ok.

I also tried taking the battery off several times between these attempts but it didn´t work.

Should I format my handset or something like ? How do I do it ?

Thanks for any help.

Fernando

Forums Veteran I
BBsingh
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

Re: hanset not sending or receiving emails

can you send and receive PIN messages to another BB user? if no, there is no data service on your device.
Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
New Contributor
fquintella
My Device: Not Specified

Can you tell me how to send a PIN message to another BB ? I never heard of it.

Rgds

FQ

Forums Veteran I
BBsingh
My Device: 8120, Storm, 8200

-go to messages icon and push menu key and choose compose PIN.

-fot his to know the PIN number of the person you are sending PIN messages to and PIN can be found under OPTIONS-STATUS

Click on KUDOS to appreciate our efforts and mark the thread RESOLVED if your issue is resolved.
Regular Contributor
5eleven
My Device: Bold 9650

Who is the cell provider?

That might help someone make a more accurate deduction - I'm more of a CDMA guy, so I don't know if resending service books will help on a SIM phone.