If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

Contributor
ramjee_j
My Device: curve 9380 and Playbook 64GB
My Carrier: vodafone Essar

has curve 9380 os 7.1 got fm radio and mobile hotspot feature

hi,

can anyone reply whether curve 9380 with os 7.1 update has got fm radio and mobile hotspot feature. also please do reply how to tether it to the playbook.

thanks & regards,

ramjee j 

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: has curve 9380 os 7.1 got fm radio and mobile hotspot feature

Hi ramjee,

I don't have a 9380, but it is indeed supposed to have the FM radio functionality on OS 7.1, and it does indeed have the mobile hotspot feature, assuming that your data plan allows for you to use the mobile hotspot functionality.

As to tethering it to the PlayBook, on your PlayBook, touch the Settings icon in the top right corner, then choose BlackBerry Bridge. You can follow the steps from there (it will also give you a QR code you can scan with your BlackBerry smartphone to download BlackBerry Bridge if needed).

Once your PlayBook and BlackBerry are paired, you can use the data off your phone for the browser and messages, etc. If you need full data tethering access, you would just go to Settings > Internet Tethering and you can connect from there (you'll need to select your phone's carrier from the list).

I hope that info helps!

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ramjee_j

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I don't find any 0S 7.1 update for curve 9380 from my carrier or my region. in that case i think the fm and mobile hotspot won't work, but with 0s 7.0 will i be able to tether my mobile's internet connection to my playbook via bridge or bluetooth.

thanks,

ramjee j

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

Absolutely! You can definitely pair your PlayBook via Bridge and use it for tethering.

Hopefully your carrier will add the update soon, but even if they don't, it is possible to install OSes from other carriers (only problem is that your carrier won't support that specific OS version). We can help you take those steps if so desired. :smileyhappy:

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Please use plain text.
Contributor
ramjee_j

hi,

thanks for your reply. my problems is with the os 7.1 not available in my region (India) from any of the carriers for 9380. even the bb site does'nt show os 7.1 download for the model. instead only os 7 is shown as an update.will downloading os 7.1 from any other region carrier/ bb site help.

thanks,

ramjee j

Please use plain text.
Forums Veteran I
Ronbob
My Device: Playbook 2.1/ Torch9860 OS7.1.0.746
My Carrier: Globe

Sorry to interrupt but I think it is the Blackberry Curve 9360 who has the Radio Function not the 9380.

Please read the footnotes on this page.
http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/blackberry7/

Ron
...........................................................................................................................................................
Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up :smileyhappy:

Blackberry Battery Saving Tips | Follow me on Twitter

Please use plain text.
Elite I
Krypto

[ Edited ]

Both are supposed to have FM radio capability, even if it isn't listed directly. I have checked around and at least some users have reported that they have FM radio access with OS 7.1.

In terms of downloading OSes, depending on language requirements, I know that some carriers have upgraded to OS 7.1, including Telus and Turkcell (they have a multilanguage version of OS 7.1.0.336).

(EDIT: Just to add, that same link to the BlackBerry 7 site doesn't list the 9380 in the upgrade list to OS 7.1, so it seems that the info on that page isn't complete.  They also don't list the 9320 or the 9230 as having FM radio, yet both do, so I think it just needs to be updated).

Please use plain text.
Contributor
vishalsekhon
My Device: Torch 9800
My Carrier: Vodafone IN

I just downloaded and updated my 9380 with OS 7.1 and am happy to confirm both features are present .. FM + Mobile Hotspot :smileyhappy:
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
shubhamaad
My Device: curve-9380
My Carrier: airtel

@above 

please help me so that i can upgrade to os 7.1..
please post the link to upgrade my os..
i am from india..

Please use plain text.