If you are using Internet Explorer, please remove blackberry.com from your compatibility view settings.

Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
tylercooney
My Device: Not Specified

having trouble accessing bank websites dont know if i need to change something in options.

Please use plain text.
Forums Advisor II
d_fisher
My Device: T-Mobile 8100

Give us some details and maybe someone can help

Please use plain text.
Guru I
Xandrex
My Device: Z10 10.1.0.2312 / Playbook 2.1 / 8900 5.0
My Carrier: Vodafone France (SFR) & B&You

Re: having trouble accessing bank websites dont know if i need to change something in options.

[ Edited ]
Ssome bank websites rely on regular SSL transaction (it's called https or ssl tunnel and allows the user to have a secured connection between the browser and the website.

(case A) Some other bank websites think it's not enough, and add some encryption before sending data.

(case B) case A : the user sends the password through the secured tunnel to the website, which then verifies it's the correct password (string compare for lousy IT, or hash for good IT). case B : the user writes the password, then the password is encrypted before being sent through the tunnel, and the rest is the same as case A. In case B, the encryption is done by the browser.

It's easy on an evolved browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Opera, and even Opera Mini), but not on the browsers on blackberry devices.

You can try and change your Browser (there are three options : "Blackberry Browser", "WML/HTML browser", "Internet Browser" ) and see if it's better. If this does not work, install Opera Mini for Blackberry, it usually works fine.
Message Edited by Xandrex on 08-01-2008 12:14 PM
Message Edited by Xandrex on 08-01-2008 12:15 PM

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Please use plain text.