Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

inside custom component

BlackBerry® Curve™

New Contributor
mcr1968
My Device: Not Specified

help -- BB will not boot up

Hello.  I was charging on my wall outlet and when I returned the BB was flashing white screen and red LED back and forth.  I thought maybe it was the battery and changed that to a spare, but same thing happened. Then I removed the battery and SIM card and memory card for a few minutes and the same started again.  The BB will not start up, it just keeps going from white screen to red LED

Please use plain text.
Developer
My Device: ***
My Carrier: ***

Re: help -- BB will not boot up

Seems that there is a problem with your battery.

Try to replace it to a working one.

Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mcr1968

I have 2 batteries and it does the same with each.

When I have it plugged into the computer, it is like it is trying to boot up, as the computer says "new device" for "blackberry" over and over like it is eing plugged in and out, in and out over and over.

Please use plain text.
Developer

[ Edited ]
Probably something is broken in Blackberry Device filesystem that causes the problem.

Device in that condition is available for Blackberry Desktop Software for a very short period of time - when it starts.

Use JL_Cmder utility to wipe your device memory when the device is available for this short period of time.

It is not easy to catch the moment - but let's try.

After wipe - download the RIM OS here

and install it on your PC. After that - connect device to PC, run Blackberry Desktop Software to install OS to device.

If that does not help - bring your device to repair shop to wipe the device memory.

Unfortunately RIM does not provide a hardware button to reset the device to factory settings.

Try this utility.

Hope this helps.
Message Edited by tbilisoft on 12-01-2008 12:22 PM
Please use plain text.
New Contributor
mcr1968

I will try, but have not been able to connect to desktop manager ........ it keeps connect and immediately disconnecting.
Please use plain text.
Developer

It is available for couple of seconds - try to catch this moment.

If that does not help - bring it to the nearest service center to wipe the memory.

Please use plain text.